PDA

View Full Version : Lets look Past Colon

StockdaleForVeep
11-10-2003, 08:25 PM
Granted im still awaitin my dream of Colon returning, lets assume he will not be, theres still some great pitching talent available.

Honestly, i wouldnt mind us getting Maddux, hes a proven hall of famer, closing in on 300 wins, a great defensive player and when we do have interleague he can hit the ball(him and glavine proved that chicks dig the longball)
http://www.birch.net/~gbyron/kin/famous/gregmadd.jpg

Daver
11-10-2003, 08:32 PM
It will be interesting to see if the Braves offer him arbitration.They would have to pay him around 15 mil if they do.

I don't see the Sox paying 15 mil a year for a pitcher.

And you are not the only member of the Rocky Biddle fan club.

Ask anyone here my thoughts on Rocky.

StepsInSC
11-10-2003, 08:34 PM
I like Maddux but he made almost 15 million last year, and had a really strong second half. How much cheaper could he get?

Jjav829
11-10-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
I like Maddux but he made almost 15 million last year, and had a really strong second half. How much cheaper could he get?

He won't get anywhere near 15 million a year. My guess, 2 years 14 mil from the Pads.

StockdaleForVeep
11-10-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC

we threw alot of money at colon which he rejected, yes maddux is alot older and such but he is still a very good pitcher and proven. Yet again, i dread thinkin if we get him he may david wells on us, minus the obesity

JDP
11-10-2003, 09:22 PM
First, let me stress to anyone who may have it or know someone closely (or at all) who may have it that I am in no way making fun or light of DS, but...

Doesn't Greg Maddux look like he has partial down's syndrome?

StepsInSC
11-10-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by JDP
First, let me stress to anyone who may have it or know someone closely (or at all) who may have it that I am in no way making fun or light of DS, but...

Doesn't Greg Maddux look like he has partial down's syndrome?

Can't say I've ever thought that.

Lip Man 1
11-10-2003, 11:31 PM
At this point in his career Maddux is a five or six inning pitcher. I don't think that's what the Sox need right now. Maddux at the back end of the rotation would be fantastic but the Sox as usual, claim they can't afford it.

Lip