PDA

View Full Version : This Ozzie will never sing at Wrigley...

Bisco Stu
11-08-2003, 07:14 PM
My official position, I'm in favor of the move, since Ozzie seems the antithesis of lameass Manual, who would only get excited when he read that he wasn't excited enough.

I like the Sox continuity in hiring Ozzie, a guy who played with Frank.

Gaston would have been the safe pick, but he's too humorless. Plus, I hate when teams hire managers who beat them in previous postseasons, gets on my nerves for some reason.

Francona = vomit

Ozzie has my full support, now let's build him a roster he can win with.

crector
11-08-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
My official position, I'm in favor of the move, since Ozzie seems the antithesis of lameass Manual, who would only get excited when he read that he wasn't excited enough.

Terry Bevington was the "antithesis of lameass Manual" too. Does that mean that if Bevington had been named manager that you would be "in favor of the move"?

thezeker
11-08-2003, 08:02 PM
I disagree! I believe Ozzie will sing at Wrigley next year!

It will be a Sunday afternoon after the Sox sweep the Cubs and knock them into 4th place. Behind St. Louis, Houston, and Cincinatti with Milwaukee just 2 games behind the Cubs.

He'll be singing as we walk off the field after beating Clement, Wood, and Prior. Baker will call it bush and the Tribune will be infuriated. On this day Ozzie will be accepted by almost all White Sox fans. The ones who don't wouldn't accept their own mother.

First place will be ours and we will stay there for the rest of the season. With the improvements an the "cell" crowds pick up and we draw 2.4 million.

Let the Ozzie era begin!!!!!!

crector
11-08-2003, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by thezeker

He'll be singing as we walk off the field after beating Clement, Wood, and Prior. Baker will call it bush and the Tribune will be infuriated. On this day Ozzie will be accepted by almost all White Sox fans. The ones who don't wouldn't accept their own mother.

Wrong.

By the time of the Sox/Cubs games next year, both Wood and Prior and possibly Zambrano as well, will be out of the rotation owing to injuries caused by Half-Baked Dusty's overuse of them during the 2003 season.

Such will be the Dustiny of the Cubs pitching staff.

Brian26
11-08-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu

Isn't that the truth? There would be an article in the paper about how Manuel was boringly stoic in the dugout, and he'd intentionally run out the very next day and get thrown out on a meaningless groundout call in the first inning.

TDog
11-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by thezeker
... He'll be singing as we walk off the field after beating Clement, Wood, and Prior. Baker will call it bush and the Tribune will be infuriated. ...

There is something to be said for having a manager who can appreciate the importance of beating the Cubs. I'm sure Ozzie does. I also hope he understands the importance of beating the Tigers.