PDA

View Full Version : I'm no rocket scientist

Spiff
09-01-2001, 07:55 PM
No I'm not just stating the obvious. What I mean is, I'm no rocket scientist but it seems like the Sox are wasting opportunities. Could come back to hurt them (a duh).

KempersRS
09-01-2001, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Wh1teSox00
No I'm not just stating the obvious. What I mean is, I'm no rocket scientist but it seems like the Sox are wasting opportunities. Could come back to hurt them (a duh).

You could have made this post 134 times this year.

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2001, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
You could have made this post 134 times this year.

Well if that is the case you would have about 75 of those posts Mr. Positive. I would have a good portion myself.

KempersRS
09-01-2001, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well if that is the case you would have about 75 of those posts Mr. Positive. I would have a good portion myself.

As long as they keep the Tribe from putting their runners in, I am happy. Don't want to play with fire too long though, those boys can hit. Last night we got 11, and the reason that happened is because we hit homers as usual, but there were men on base! We have gotta get away from so many solo bombs and get a few on. It worked wonders last night. What a simple concept!

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2001, 08:06 PM
As long as they keep the Tribe from putting their runners in, I am happy. Don't want to play with fire too long though, those boys can hit. Last night we got 11, and the reason that happened is because we hit homers as usual, but there were men on base! We have gotta get away from so many solo bombs and get a few on. It worked wonders last night. What a simple concept!

FSN showed at stat that said out of the AL Central teams we are number one in how we score via homers. I think it was 44% of our runs have come off homers. That number seems a little high so I might be wrong.

KempersRS
09-01-2001, 08:07 PM

FSN showed at stat that said out of the AL Central teams we are number one in how we score via homers. I think it was 44% of our runs have come off homers. That numbers seem a little high so I might be wrong.

All I want right now is a sac fly! Have had a man on 3rd 3 times already, just get one in!

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2001, 08:09 PM
All I want right now is a sac fly! Have had a man on 3rd 3 times already, just get one in!

Isn't it odd how often they can swing for the fences and "just miss it" but when they need a fly out they can't get one.

KempersRS
09-01-2001, 08:15 PM

Isn't it odd how often they can swing for the fences and "just miss it" but when they need a fly out they can't get one.

Well, 3 innings with a man on 3rd and we got nothin. Gotta hope Jon can keep shuttin them down.

Jerry_Manuel
09-01-2001, 08:26 PM
Gotta hope Jon can keep shuttin them down.

:burly
Sucks doesn't it Jon?