PDA

View Full Version : Cubs History?

RichH55
11-05-2003, 11:59 AM
Last Thread for awhile from me...sorry about the bandwith

Looking over the numbers: Is it time to add Dave Kelton (and probably overhyped see choi) to the long list of Cubs failures?

Lip likes to talk about Scott Ruffcorn, but the likes of Kevin Orie, Brooks Kieshnick, Ty Griffin harken

And it looks like Dave Kelton is about to enter the pantheon

MarkEdward
11-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Looking over the numbers: Is it time to add Dave Kelton (and probably overhyped see choi) to the long list of Cubs failures?

Lip likes to talk about Scott Ruffcorn, but the likes of Kevin Orie, Brooks Kieshnick, Ty Griffin harken

I don't think I would consider Kelton a top prospect (was he ever really rated that high?). Looking over his minor league stats, he seems to put up solid, not spectacular, numbers. His walk rate has been improving over the years, so that's a good sign. I don't think he'll ever be a great player, but he'll probably be a decent back-up corner outfielder/infielder.

As for Choi, I'd consider him underrated. If the Cubs actually give him some ABs next year, he could be very, very good.

CubKilla
11-05-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
As for Choi, I'd consider him underrated. If the Cubs actually give him some ABs next year, he could be very, very good.

He should get his chance considering Karros will, more than likely, not be back with the sCrUBS in '04.

DrCrawdad
11-05-2003, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Beanball Ben Christensen (sp?)

DrCrawdad
11-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by MarkEdward
I don't think I would consider Kelton a top prospect (was he ever really rated that high?). Looking over his minor league stats, he seems to put up solid, not spectacular, numbers. His walk rate has been improving over the years, so that's a good sign. I don't think he'll ever be a great player, but he'll probably be a decent back-up corner outfielder/infielder.

The Cubs have been hyping Kelton for years.

Cubs high on Kelton (http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/chc/news/chc_news.jsp?ymd=20030511&content_id=314933&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp)

I've read that Choi is hitting .300 in Venezuela...