PDA

View Full Version : Nice article on KW

LongDistanceFan
09-01-2001, 09:02 AM
I stop posting and following the black hawks b/c of management being real cheap. Thus loosing some of their great prospects. I use to be a Hawks fans just as long as I was a Sox fan, since the mid 1960's.

I hate to say this, but I see the same thing happening w/ the Sox. The only redeeming factor is that the Sox have a farm system to replenish some of these lost players, but Why?
Why can't we keep a player like K.Foulke for 2 or 3 yrs.
Why couldn't we have sign the cat prospects?
As the article said, 4.5 mil is cheap compared to what Foulke has done for us and for what the market values are.

Giving the Cubs their do, I believe that their farm system is much better than ours now, b/c they sign their draft prospect and sign the foreign FA's without loosing draft picks.

Eventually the Sox will start to loose their fan base, unless that is the plan, so JR needs an excuse to move the team.

oldcomiskey
09-01-2001, 10:15 AM
JR almost doubles the payroll and your still bitching---I know I know he went out and got a SS that we didnt need---but he aslo brought us Boomer Wells---and Sandy Alomar and last season brought in Cal and Herb and Tony G and Manos....How do you figure the Cub farm system is better---because the rest of the division is hurt and crappy to begin with?

LongDistanceFan
09-01-2001, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
JR almost doubles the payroll and your still bitching---I know I know he went out and got a SS that we didnt need---but he aslo brought us Boomer Wells---and Sandy Alomar and last season brought in Cal and Herb and Tony G and Manos....How do you figure the Cub farm system is better---because the rest of the division is hurt and crappy to begin with?

I am not complaining about boomer and clayton. To be honest i thought those move the best logical choice. Its not KW fault of boomer injury and clayton's lack of hitting.

Do you think that foulke is not worth more than 4.5 mil for a top quality reliever?

>>> because the rest of the division is hurt and crappy to begin with?<<< what does have to do with their farm system and the talent that they have drafted and signed?

I have been a Sox fan since the 60's and a die hard fan at that, i have NEVER cheered for the sCrubbsss. I would love to see the Sox make a run and the sCrubbs fall flat on their face.

oldcomiskey
09-01-2001, 10:59 AM
I wasnr ininuating that you were a Cub fan--hell--I wouldnt even call my ex wife that---now on with the program... I agree Foulke is worth the money--He is certainly in the Top 10 closers in the game---but....once again you have chosen to believe the press over a guy who has made some good moves--talking about JR here--the moves just didnt work out--the only bad deals I can think of that the Sox made in the Reinsdorf years is the obvious Navarro debacle and Clayton and maybe even losing Ellis Burks although I wpould rather have Magglio in RF. Besides Sosa and Burks name players that have actually gotten better--and Sosa only got better definsive wise.. Alvarez, Fernandez, Darwin and Roberto Hernandez have all been busts... Forget about Snyder... Navarro was worse after he left us--if thats possibe--fat Albert only cared about money....

LongDistanceFan
09-01-2001, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I wasnr ininuating that you were a Cub fan--hell--I wouldnt even call my ex wife that---now on with the program... I agree Foulke is worth the money--He is certainly in the Top 10 closers in the game---but....once again you have chosen to believe the press over a guy who has made some good moves--talking about JR here--the moves just didnt work out--the only bad deals I can think of that the Sox made in the Reinsdorf years is the obvious Navarro debacle and Clayton and maybe even losing Ellis Burks although I wpould rather have Magglio in RF. Besides Sosa and Burks name players that have actually gotten better--and Sosa only got better definsive wise.. Alvarez, Fernandez, Darwin and Roberto Hernandez have all been busts... Forget about Snyder... Navarro was worse after he left us--if thats possibe--fat Albert only cared about money....

navarro, who would've thought he would have sux so bad. i was never a burk fan i don't know why, so i could've cared less about him. sosa, i hate him, i rememeber him from working at mother's and he was a "me, self" priccck. beside the poster here, nobody really remembers the real sosa and occansional would his real self comes out. he has the gods looking after him, he never gets tarnished, or is it the trib factor?

i am a person who believes in the farm system and young talent. i feel loyality only to a handful of players, but only for what they can do to help the team. balant disrespect in order to play hard ball by management is stupid and cause more harm than good. thomas sign a contract, honor it, you sign a contract honor it. if you want to lock in a player than don't insult him give him what he is worth and later yrs if you can get better for him, trade him.