PDA

View Full Version : Doug Laumann Reassigned?

RichH55
11-05-2003, 12:30 PM
I know all my news and questions are out of date....but any word as to why he was reassigned and if this really means anything?

chosk8
11-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by RichH55
I know all my news and questions are out of date....but any word as to why he was reassigned and if this really means anything?

From Baseball America...

"several other sources say his downfall came when he wanted to discipline one of his crosscheckers.

The scout has ties to higher-ranking people in the Sox front office, so Laumann was overruled. When he persisted, he lost his job."

Who knows what this will mean, but Laumann has some decent drafts under his belt. There is speculation that the crosschecker may have missed the possibility of a pre-existing wrist injury of White Sox first round pick last year, Brian Anderson out of Arizona, that ended Anderson's rookie season prematurely. Laumann tried to discipline the crosschecker and was overruled and reassigned within the organization.

RichH55
11-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by chosk8
From Baseball America...

"several other sources say his downfall came when he wanted to discipline one of his crosscheckers.

The scout has ties to higher-ranking people in the Sox front office, so Laumann was overruled. When he persisted, he lost his job."

Who knows what this will mean, but Laumann has some decent drafts under his belt. There is speculation that the crosschecker may have missed the possibility of a pre-existing wrist injury of White Sox first round pick last year, Brian Anderson out of Arizona, that ended Anderson's rookie season prematurely. Laumann tried to discipline the crosschecker and was overruled and reassigned within the organization.

Thanks for the info. Good stuff you had there