PDA

View Full Version : Sign Kaz Matsui

Hangar18
11-05-2003, 07:51 AM
yeah

Steve Bartman
11-05-2003, 07:56 AM
Valentin has complained of us not returning his calls. So could this mean we are going to:

1.) trade for A-Rod
2.) Sign Kaz
3.) Sign Mike Bordick or Royce Clayton

KENNY, PLEASE SIGN KAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ondafarm
11-05-2003, 07:57 AM
I've seen him play. Definately an upgrade over Valentin. And he's smart enough not to swing for the fences here. Does strike out more than I'd like. All in all though, I think Iguchi is a better deal. He'd come for a few million ($2-3 million/year) whereas Matsui would require more ($5-7 million/year).

cornball
11-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Kas chances coming to the Sox is small I would think because his agent will direct him to another team. I hope they show interest.

But, if we are going to spend 2-3 for Valentin, and Kas would cost maybe 5 (same a Valentin now) -7 ......I think the increase is warrented. Valentine wants close to 4, he will find the market for him is not at that level in time. I hope KW doesnt fall to there pressure.

I guess the pitch to JR is the money saved on developing this kid thru the farm system....think that will work....lol

StepsInSC
11-05-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by ondafarm
All in all though, I think Iguchi is a better deal. He'd come for a few million ($2-3 million/year) whereas Matsui would require more ($5-7 million/year).

I'm with you.

DrCrawdad
11-05-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by ondafarm
I've seen him play. Definately an upgrade over Valentin. And he's smart enough not to swing for the fences here. Does strike out more than I'd like. All in all though, I think Iguchi is a better deal. He'd come for a few million ($2-3 million/year) whereas Matsui would require more ($5-7 million/year).

Kenny, please give this serious consideration and explore signing Kaz or Iguchi.