PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie is our Savior! A thread for supporters of Ozzie

nasox
11-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Ozzie is the answer. I swear, if we get a good group of players that suit Ozzie, he will be the answer. BTW, for all you people who think Ozzie doesn't have enough experience, it doesn't matter that much. Remember Phil Jackson? Before Krause hired him, he was a coach in only the CBA. And he was a former player. SO OZZIE IS THE WHITE SOX SAVIOR! HAIL TO THE CHIEF!

MRKARNO
11-04-2003, 07:40 PM
I'm pro-ozzie but not the ozzie-for-president type of pro-ozzie

Daver
11-04-2003, 08:07 PM
He'll wear these well.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Bevs%20manging%20shoes.jpg

SoxFan76
11-04-2003, 08:09 PM
im pro-ozzie. i dont know how people can rip on him before opening day, but whatever. either way the majority of the people here would be upset. nobody wanted gaston, nobody wanted guillen, it was a lose lose situation.

he has a personality. thats all i care about.

but yeah, nasox, take it easy. he aint no savior.

thezeker
11-04-2003, 08:24 PM
I think Ozzie is like a breath of fresh air for this organization. It's so refreshing to hear someone come in and say what he feels. Not what he thinks the boss wants to hear.

His comments about the players are right on target. We are all held accountable in our jobs. Why not the players? Play ball hard and play ball smart or you don't play. That seems pretty cut and dried. I understand it and I hope most of the players do too.

Let's not forget what he walked into. A team with the most talent in the divsion who has not won a big meaningful game in 3 years!They need someone to read them the riot act and I think Ozzie is that person. He's his own man and these days that is good enough for me.

MRKARNO
11-04-2003, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Daver
He'll wear these well.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Bevs%20manging%20shoes.jpg

Why cant you give this guy a chance?

sox_fan_forever
11-04-2003, 08:48 PM
I am pro-Ozzie for now. I am going to give the guy a chance before I condemn him.

minastirith67
11-04-2003, 09:00 PM
Daver,
Lay off of Ozzie...wait till he does something maybe, besides accepting the position the Sox offered him. I don't see how anyone can have a legitimate criticism of Ozzie before he's even had a chance to be a manager...

The_Floridian
11-04-2003, 09:13 PM
I'll be honest: I thought Gaston was the better choice, simply because his track record with the Blue Jays (when he inherited an underacheiving team of veterans) was so good. But I do like Ozzie, and I am big proponent of small ball.

Having Ozzie as manager may also help us in signing three players who I believe will be critical: Roberto Alomar (so we have a lead-off man), Sidney Ponson (so we have a replacement for Colon), and Juan Encarnacion, who played for the Marlins last year and whom I believe is the best available option to replace Carl Everett in center. All three of these guys know Ozzie, and that may make a difference.

Daver
11-04-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
Daver,
Lay off of Ozzie...wait till he does something maybe, besides accepting the position the Sox offered him. I don't see how anyone can have a legitimate criticism of Ozzie before he's even had a chance to be a manager...

I have the same criticisms I had of him as a player.

As a player he had no discipline to any part of his game,be it fielding,hitting,or on the basepath's.To think he can suddenly become disciplined enough to manage strikes me as reaching.

BTW people that compare him to Tony Pena crack me up.

Frankfan4life
11-06-2003, 12:06 AM
Anyone who says he bleeds White Sox is okay with me because I do too. I like the fact that Ozzie loves this team.

I've always liked Ozzie as a player. I think he'll do a good job as manager. I know he wants this team to win and is not just here to collect a paycheck.

I want the Sox to win it all but I also want some fun along the way too. Many of you are taking this way too seriously, after all it's just a GAME! Chill out just a bit folks. I think Ozzie is going the make 2004 a very interesting year and I'm looking forward to it.

WELCOME BACK OZZIE! I WISH YOU THE BEST!

:hurt I'M OFF TO SEE THE WIZARD!

crector
11-06-2003, 12:34 AM
Good managers do not trash their best player at their inaugural press conference. Or, for that matter, advocate a style of baseball (smallball) that is so utterly unsuited to the players who are currently on the roster, let alone to a home ballpark that is a HR hitter's paradise.

If Ozzie did not act like a complete total utter jackass at that press conference and in subsequent statements, then I'd have a rather different attitude towards him as manager.

Honestly, I'd rather have Terry Bevington as manager. At least he had the sense to go for a power hitting offense at a ballpark that's so well suited for that approach. None of this bunting nonsense with Bevington. And, although he had issues with Frank, he never carried them to the ridiculous proportions that JM/Ozzie did/are.

Frank the Tank
11-06-2003, 12:37 AM
I'm not very optimistic regarding Ozzie's managerial skills, but at least there will be some fun on the south side this year. Ozzie's hiring is clearly a PR move, but I'm glad I don't have to sleep through 3 years of boredom with Cito Gaston as manager.