PDA

View Full Version : How bad does Jerry want it...

Wanne
11-04-2003, 05:19 PM
From everything I've ever heard....Reinsdorf would kill to have a World Series ring...even over all his bulls rings. Why not market the season as..."We're Going For Broke".....or...."It's ALL or Nothing".

Give Colon his $$$, sign Tejada, bring Robbie and Everett back. I'm sure everybody will have a different view of the pieces....but my point is....one of these years Reinsdorf is gonna have to have this type of mentality. I know he thought he was doing that last year...but what the heck. To realistically say, the Sox "can't afford" it is not altogether true IMO.....especially with a market the size of Chicago. The build it, they will come mentality if you will. I guarantee attendance would skyrocket with this type of marketing. Why not don the circa Marlins of 97 or whenever the hell it was....win now...and piece it off for young talent later.

voodoochile
11-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Wanne
From everything I've ever heard....Reinsdorf would kill to have a World Series ring...even over all his bulls rings. Why not market the season as..."We're Going For Broke".....or...."It's ALL or Nothing".

Give Colon his $$$, sign Tejada, bring Robbie and Everett back. I'm sure everybody will have a different view of the pieces....but my point is....one of these years Reinsdorf is gonna have to have this type of mentality. I know he thought he was doing that last year...but what the heck. To realistically say, the Sox "can't afford" it is not altogether true IMO.....especially with a market the size of Chicago. The build it, they will come mentality if you will. I guarantee attendance would skyrocket with this type of marketing. Why not don the circa Marlins of 97 or whenever the hell it was....win now...and piece it off for young talent later.

:reinsy
"Your what hurts? I can't believe you still believe I care. Fans like you are why I get to line my pockets while hiring no talent/no experience people year after year after year after..."

gosox41
11-04-2003, 06:37 PM

Because the 1997 Marlins lost a ton of money. If the Sox did what you suggested, they too would take a bath. And I mean with the real books, not the alleged cooked one's everyone think JR keeps.

Bob

MHOUSE
11-04-2003, 06:43 PM
That's why he got Ozzie so he could at least have a ring somewheres around the office.

nasox
11-04-2003, 07:50 PM
The build it, they will come mentality if you will. I guarantee attendance would skyrocket with this type of marketing. Why not don the circa Marlins of 97 or whenever the hell it was....win now...and piece it off for young talent later.

Attendance would skyrocket, then if we would sell the team off for young talent, it would be white falg times a million. For Florida, everybody abandoned the team and it was a target for contraction. So, buy buy buy a world series winner but don't sell it off, we would look like fools.