PDA

View Full Version : Roberto Alomar?

rmusacch
11-04-2003, 05:56 PM
I just looked at the 40 man roster of the Sox and noticed that Roberto is still listed on there. I have also noticed that he has not filed for free agency yet. All the other Sox potential free agents have declared. Also, all these other players have been removed from the 40 man listing. Does anyone know what the deal here is?

Ray

MisterB
11-04-2003, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I just looked at the 40 man roster of the Sox and noticed that Roberto is still listed on there. I have also noticed that he has not filed for free agency yet. All the other Sox potential free agents have declared. Also, all these other players have been removed from the 40 man listing. Does anyone know what the deal here is?

Ray

Where are you looking? ESPN.com tends to do a pretty poor job of tracking the 40-man rosters. By my tally, the Sox have 31 players on the roster:

Pitchers (18)

Esteban Loaiza
Mark Buehrle
Jon Garland
Jon Adkins
Scott Schoeneweis
Dan Wright
Kelly Wunch
Damaso Marte
Billy Koch
Felix Diaz
Matt Ginter
Arnaldo Munoz
Jon Rauch
Dave Sanders
Enemencio Pacheco
Brian West
Corwin Malone
Neal Cotts

Position Players (13)

Miguel Olivo
Frank Thomas
Joe Crede
Carlos Lee
Magglio Ordonez
Paul Konerko
Jamie Burke
Willie Harris
Aaron Miles
Aaron Rowand
Joe Borchard
Ross Gload
Mike Rivera

Note: The Sox do not have any shortstops in the organization above AA level.

poorme
11-04-2003, 06:19 PM
He's listed as a free agent on mlb.com

rmusacch
11-04-2003, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Where are you looking? ESPN.com tends to do a pretty poor job of tracking the 40-man rosters. By my tally, the Sox have 31 players on the roster:

Pitchers (19)

Esteban Loaiza
Mark Buehrle
Jon Garland
Jon Adkins
Scott Schoeneweis
Dan Wright
Kelly Wunch
Damaso Marte
Billy Koch
Felix Diaz
Matt Ginter
Arnaldo Munoz
Jon Rauch
Dave Sanders
Josh Stewart
Enemencio Pacheco
Brian West
Corwin Malone
Neal Cotts

Position Players (12)

Miguel Olivo
Frank Thomas
Joe Crede
Carlos Lee
Magglio Ordonez
Paul Konerko
Jamie Burke
Willie Harris
Aaron Miles
Aaron Rowand
Joe Borchard
Ross Gload

Note: The Sox do not have any shortstops in the organization above AA level.

I was looking at chisox.com. Josh Stewart was removed from the 40 man earlier this offseason. Also, Jamie Burke, Mike Rivera and Robbie are on the 40 man there.

MisterB
11-04-2003, 07:45 PM
I was looking at chisox.com. Josh Stewart was removed from the 40 man earlier this offseason. Also, Jamie Burke, Mike Rivera and Robbie are on the 40 man there.

Ah. I missed the Rivera and Stewart moves. But Robbie shouldn't be there, he has no contract for '04 and filed for FA on Thursday.

rmusacch
11-04-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by MisterB
Ah. I missed the Rivera and Stewart moves. But Robbie shouldn't be there, he has no contract for '04 and filed for FA on Thursday.

I did not realize that he filed on Thursday. Rivera has been on the 40 man since we acquired him from the Padres.

Daver
11-04-2003, 08:12 PM
I did not realize that he filed on Thursday. Rivera has been on the 40 man since we acquired him from the Padres.

That is probably to protect him from the rule 5 draft.

nasox
11-04-2003, 08:58 PM
all i know is that with ozz, hell be back