PDA

View Full Version : Hawkeroo on the Score

batmanZoSo
11-04-2003, 03:55 PM
As expected, he's spewing good words about Ozzie. There was a time where he thought Manuel would become the best manager in the game. He also says there's gonna be a lot of emotion next year, more so than in years past. And we should expect more fights.

I'd like to beat up the A's. I don't know, those young pitchers really annoy me for some reason. KW would scale the press box and jump in Billy Beane's window. And I'd like to see a Twins fight, too with AJ and Torii first on my hit list.

Back to sense...Hawk compared Ozzie to Jordan and Bird in that they always knew where everyone was and more importantly, where they should be. Ozzie "managed" every game he ever played or coached in.

CubKilla
11-04-2003, 04:00 PM
Sounds like he's saying just about everything he said yesterday during his post-press conference interview with Damon Andrews.

I think it would be just about impossible to find a manager with less fire and emotion than Jerry Manuel though. Ozzie's the anti-Manuel.

poorme
11-04-2003, 04:04 PM
I like Hawk, but you can't believe anything he says.

CubKilla
11-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by poorme
I like Hawk, but you can't believe anything he says.

Like when he said he woke up yesterday and didn't know who the Sox were going to hire as manager? :D:

Rocklive99
11-04-2003, 05:10 PM
Someone also called in and put him on the spot by calling and saying how Hawk mentioned a trade that would knock our socks off.

Hawk said he heard a rumor at the stadium of a big trade, but didn't hear a name, but said he had a good idea who it would've been. He wouldn't say who because he said he didn't want to start a rumor and it didn't mean anything, all he said was it was a pitcher.

gosox41
11-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
As expected, he's spewing good words about Ozzie. There was a time where he thought Manuel would become the best manager in the game. He also says there's gonna be a lot of emotion next year, more so than in years past. And we should expect more fights.

I'd like to beat up the A's. I don't know, those young pitchers really annoy me for some reason. KW would scale the press box and jump in Billy Beane's window. And I'd like to see a Twins fight, too with AJ and Torii first on my hit list.

Back to sense...Hawk compared Ozzie to Jordan and Bird in that they always knew where everyone was and more importantly, where they should be. Ozzie "managed" every game he ever played or coached in.

Whatever. Hawk is a blowhole that spouts off whatever JR wants him to. How can anyone take anything this guy says seriously? He's too much of a wuss and too cliched.

Bob

john2499
11-04-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Rocklive99
Someone also called in and put him on the spot by calling and saying how Hawk mentioned a trade that would knock our socks off.

Hawk said he heard a rumor at the stadium of a big trade, but didn't hear a name, but said he had a good idea who it would've been. He wouldn't say who because he said he didn't want to start a rumor and it didn't mean anything, all he said was it was a pitcher.

Curt Schilling ?