PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a chair from old Comiskey

clarkent
11-04-2003, 02:53 PM
I am looking for a chair from old Comiskey for a Christmas gift. Does anyone know where I can get one or have one for sale.

Thanks

dllrbll7
11-04-2003, 04:00 PM
You can try ebay, every once in awhile i see one up there usually for acouple hundred dollars. W lucked out and got ours when they went and sold whatever was left for almost nothing. Good luck though

alohafri
11-04-2003, 04:14 PM
I have a genuine brick from the old Chicago Stadium with a small plaque stating authenticity that I would like to trade for a brick from old Comiskey Park....

(Mrs. Aloha)

ewokpelts
11-04-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by alohafri
I have a genuine brick from the old Chicago Stadium with a small plaque stating authenticity that I would like to trade for a brick from old Comiskey Park....

(Mrs. Aloha)

how bout a brick from county stadium? as for comiskey bricks, i think the sox still have a few.
Gene

siugrad25
11-04-2003, 06:57 PM
I got a Old Comiskey brick with the white paint on one of the sides but it doesn't have the metal plague on it. I would love a Chicago Stadium brick though... :)

CaptainJinks
11-05-2003, 12:02 AM
My mother bought one of the seats from old Comiskey back when they razed the place. It sits in my old bedroom, which now houses her shrine of Sox memorabilia.
Last year I was at a Sox Charities event; among the items on display at the "silent auction" were several more of the old green seats. I mentioned to someone (can't remember who) working the auction tables my surprise that there were still chairs available. I was told that they still had plenty of them left, stored in a warehouse somewhere near the ballpark.
You might try calling Nicole Arceneaux, Sox Manager of Community Relations (312) 674-1000, and asking for her help in tracking one down.