PDA

View Full Version : In a perfect column...

batmanZoSo
11-04-2003, 11:02 AM
Ozzie being in charge will be no laughing matter for Frank, Mariotti says.

The new skipper made it clear that he won't hesitate to get in anyone's face. That includes Frank.

"Frank is a big player on this team, but Frank is going to play my way,'' Guillen said. "Sorry if he doesn't like it. I want Frank to be the same Frank he was in the '80s. If he doesn't want to be [that] Frank, have fun and play the game right and respect his teammates, we're going to have a problem."

It's almost as if the front office is purposely trying to drive Frank away--like they're rubbing their contract "victory" in has face, adding insult to insult by hiring the guy I'm sure he didn't want. Maybe this was KW's call after all? lol

Who wants to bet there will be a heated office shouting match between the two a la Frank and Jerry in 2000? That's almost certain. The question is whether it will have 2000-like effects or create an irrepairable rift between two huge personalities.

If Thomas or any other player doesn't check his ego at the door come February, he may as well go home.

That sounds great in early November, but will Thomas respect him enough to take orders from him? Stick around, it's gonna be an interesting year! hehe

JRIG
11-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
"Frank is a big player on this team, but Frank is going to play my way,'' Guillen said. "Sorry if he doesn't like it. I want Frank to be the same Frank he was in the '80s. If he doesn't want to be [that] Frank, have fun and play the game right and respect his teammates, we're going to have a problem."

Ozzie wants Frank to play tight end for Auburn again?

I have a hard time remembering a time when Frank a) didn't play the game right or b) didn't respect his teammates. In fact, last I saw, it was Paul Konerko disrespecting Frank. So why wasn't GIDPaul called out on the carpet yesterday?

idseer
11-04-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
Ozzie wants Frank to play tight end for Auburn again?

I have a hard time remembering a time when Frank a) didn't play the game right or b) didn't respect his teammates. In fact, last I saw, it was Paul Konerko disrespecting Frank. So why wasn't GIDPaul called out on the carpet yesterday?

as i recall paul WAS racked over the coals for his comments!
seems to me valentin did the same thing this year already ... and i recall other players with not so nice words about frank too. were they ALL wrong? personally ... i doubt it.

voodoochile
11-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by idseer
as i recall paul WAS racked over the coals for his comments!
seems to me valentin did the same thing this year already ... and i recall other players with not so nice words about frank too. were they ALL wrong? personally ... i doubt it.

Yes, it is always wrong to call out a teammate in public, IMO. Keep that crap behind closed doors. What do you accomplish except clubhouse tension? I don't remember Paulie getting raked over the coals in the press at all. In fact he is still a media darling because he mouthed off. I find it funny that when Frank is healthy and hitting the cover off the ball, no one has anything negative to say about him. I don't recall the Valentin comments this year that you refer to. First I have heard of them.

As to the original post. I think JR and KW have been trying to run Frank out for the last 2 years at least.

idseer
11-04-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yes, it is always wrong to call out a teammate in public, IMO. Keep that crap behind closed doors. What do you accomplish except clubhouse tension? I don't remember Paulie getting raked over the coals in the press at all. In fact he is still a media darling because he mouthed off. I find it funny that when Frank is healthy and hitting the cover off the ball, no one has anything negative to say about him. I don't recall the Valentin comments this year that you refer to. First I have heard of them.

As to the original post. I think JR and KW have been trying to run Frank out for the last 2 years at least.

you could be right about paul. i know he was chastised strongly here by many.

as for jose's comments, i'm not imagining that. i can't seem to find the article which i'm pretty sure i read on the espn site. anyone esle remember this? it was maybe 3 weeks ago.

CubKilla
11-04-2003, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

IMO, Frank is JR's boy. As long as JR owns the team, Frank will have a spot somewhere within the White Sox Organization. I agree 100% that KW has been trying to run Frank out of town for the past few season though.

voodoochile
11-04-2003, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
IMO, Frank is JR's boy. As long as JR owns the team, Frank will have a spot somewhere within the White Sox Organization. I agree 100% that KW has been trying to run Frank out of town for the past few season though.

JR allowed that to happen.