Originally posted by RedPinStripes
damn, that's cruel.

Fitting though.

Randar68
11-03-2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by Daver
To the new Sox manager.

Ozzie,we saved Bev's shoes for you.

That's funny. Man, I hope they come out of the gate winning, because if not, Ozzie is going to start ripping guys in the press and he'll lose the team before the All-Star break.

Winning solves a lot of things, but I know damn well Frank/Maggs is gonna be pissed if they get the bunt sign, and who knows how people will react if they start losing doing it that way.

Daver
11-03-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
That's funny. Man, I hope they come out of the gate winning, because if not, Ozzie is going to start ripping guys in the press and he'll lose the team before the All-Star break.

Winning solves a lot of things, but I know damn well Frank/Maggs is gonna be pissed if they get the bunt sign, and who knows how people will react if they start losing doing it that way.

I am having nightmares already about Ozzie handling a bullpen.

He'll wear Bev's shoes well.

DrCrawdad
11-03-2003, 11:49 PM
To the new Sox manager.

Ozzie,we saved Bev's shoes for you.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/daver/Bev's%20Shoes.jpg

Well you know what they say about guys with big shoes?

Big feet.

DrCrawdad
11-03-2003, 11:50 PM

It could turn very ugly, but I'm not trying to run every bad scenario. I'm just hoping that they made the right decision. Although it's not like the other candidates were all that exciting.

cwsox
11-04-2003, 12:00 AM
I am having nightmares already about Ozzie handling a bullpen.

He'll wear Bev's shoes well.

I was just going to ahve nightmares about his utter lack of patience and how you've added that to my night fears - thanks, I guess. :(:

minastirith67
11-04-2003, 01:56 AM

You honestly think he will have Frank and Magglio bunt? Isn't that a major step down in pride?

crector
11-04-2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by minastirith67
You honestly think he will have Frank and Magglio bunt? Isn't that a major step down in pride?

Pride has nothing to do with it. Bunting is a surefire way to get yourself out and with only 27 outs per team in a game, outs should not be wasted. Bunting is ok if used under rare circumstances such as bases loaded in the bottom of the 9th with the score tied and such. However, to bunt on a regular basis is just plain stupid.

valposoxfan
11-04-2003, 02:58 AM
I'd like to see the Sox come out strong just to see everyone who is losing sleep tonight eat crow. Do you honestly think that he will make many pitching decisions without Coop in his ear?? C'mon.