PDA

View Full Version : Gaston or Guillen: Not everyone was gonna be happy

MRKARNO
11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
If Gaston was hired people would say that we just hired Jerry Manuel 2. Now people are ragging on ozzie? Give this guy a chance because you're gonna have to deal with him at least a year anyways

Deadguy
11-03-2003, 05:21 PM
I'm pretty happy with this move. Ozzie is the one person who can breathe some life into this lifeless, underachieving club.

RKMeibalane
11-03-2003, 05:28 PM
The first thing Guillen needs to do is put Frank at first. :D:

Hondo
11-03-2003, 05:32 PM
Yeah Frank is a really good first basemen. We should definitely do that. If we can't sign Alomar maybe move Konerko to 2nd.
We need to put Konerko and Koch on a boat and send them to Cuba.

MRKARNO
11-03-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Yeah Frank is a really good first basemen. We should definitely do that. If we can't sign Alomar maybe move Konerko to 2nd.
We need to put Konerko and Koch on a boat and send them to Cuba.

Can we get that Rodruiguez kid in return?

DSpivack
11-03-2003, 05:43 PM
The White Sox are reported to be interested in a Cuban little leaguer as their next 2B. Not many teams are interested in Elian Gonzalez, but he could just be the next diamond in the rough.

I'm not exactly enamored by Ozzie, but I am not upset, either. I am much more concerned with who will be on the team in 2004 rather than who is managing it.

Randar68
11-03-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Yeah Frank is a really good first basemen.

Yeah, we don't need his .320 career average and 1.000+ OPS career when playing 1st as opposed to his somewhat average numbers as a DH...

Right back at ya.

Hondo
11-03-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Randar68
Yeah, we don't need his .320 career average and 1.000+ OPS career when playing 1st as opposed to his somewhat average numbers as a DH...

Right back at ya.

What are you talking about? One of his best statistical years was in 2000 playing mostly DH?

fquaye149
11-03-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Right back at ya.

Because it's obviously all about him actually playing 1st base and it doesn't have anything to do with being healthy and younger when he played first

soxfan26
11-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
If Gaston was hired people would say that we just hired Jerry Manuel 2. Now people are ragging on ozzie? Give this guy a chance because you're gonna have to deal with him at least a year anyways

My sentiments exactly.

Ozzie was not my first choice, I thought this club needed a proven manager.

But Ozzie has never managed a game and some want to use that against him. Thats like blaming the engineer on his way to work for the train wreck.

And actually the train wreck hasn't even happened yet, and probably won't.

<patiently awaiting the "wrath of Randar">

SoxFan78
11-03-2003, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

could not have agreed more. Everybody was saying get rid of Manuel. Lots of people were saying that they didn't like the fact that he was really subdued. Now we have Ozzie, a rah rah guy, and people are still bitching. Who do you guys want? Cito? Bobby V? Torre? Jack McKeon? You can't please all of the people all of the time. But let me say this, ever since Kenny Williams has been General Manager he has made moves. Some I agreed with, some I didn't agree with. But nobody could say that he hasn't tried like hell to put a winning product on the field.

I'm looking very forward to next year!