PDA

View Full Version : Pudge a White Sox?


DannyCaterFan
11-03-2003, 03:58 PM
Is it only me or is anybody else thinking about the possibility of Ivan (Pudge) Rodriquez coming to the Sox now that Ozzie Guillen is on board here. They are the best of friends and I am sure Ozzie will be exploring a way to bring him to the south side.
Regarding Ozzie's hiring....this is one of the few positive moves the Sox have made over the last 10 years.... Way to go Jerry...thanks for vetoing KW.

jabrch
11-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by DannyCaterFan
Is it only me or is anybody else thinking about the possibility of Ivan (Pudge) Rodriquez coming to the Sox now that Ozzie Guillen is on board here. They are the best of friends and I am sure Ozzie will be exploring a way to bring him to the south side.
Regarding Ozzie's hiring....this is one of the few positive moves the Sox have made over the last 10 years.... Way to go Jerry...thanks for vetoing KW.

We dont have the money to resign our own guys - we certainly can't afford Pudge. Olivo will be the C next year.

However, Ozzie may be able to influence Luis Castillo into coming - and that would be nice!

Foulke You
11-03-2003, 04:03 PM
After the season and playoffs that I-Rod had, unless he is willing to take way under market value just for a chance to play with Ozzie Guillen, I don't see him coming to the Sox.

Mo308oM
11-03-2003, 04:04 PM
ivan is gonna be a marlin next year.

jabrch
11-03-2003, 04:06 PM
how about the Real Pudge (Fisk) as Ozzie's 1B coach?

guillen4life13
11-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
how about the Real Pudge (Fisk) as Ozzie's 1B coach?

This club is already in for a bunch of drama, and they won't need much more.

Fisk will either manage, or do nothing at all. There's no in between.

npdempse
11-03-2003, 08:41 PM
In addition to costing way too much for Chairman Tightwad, Boras is Rodriguez's manager, and Boras and Jerry have issues.

batmanZoSo
11-03-2003, 09:41 PM
The Marlins have to retain Rodriguez. Don't give me none of that money garbage. You just won the world series mostly because of him hitting the crap out of the ball all throughout the playoffs. You don't just give up now, you go for it again or else you might as well not even field a team. Either be cheap morons and watch the attendance go back down to 15K a game, or spend a little money and make a lot more. It's a no-brainer.

Dub25
11-03-2003, 11:58 PM
Pudge. No way he is coming. On the other hand... Castillo... maybe? Would he be better than Alomar?

JRIG
11-04-2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Dub25
Pudge. No way he is coming. On the other hand... Castillo... maybe? Would he be better than Alomar?

Are you kidding? Castillo is a huge upgrade on Alomar. He's an actual leadoff hitter, gets on base, and is a great defensive player.

Castillo should be the #1 offseason priority for the Sox right now. If Guillen getting the manager job means Castillo comes here it might almost be worth the hire.

basilesox
11-04-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by JRIG
Are you kidding? Castillo is a huge upgrade on Alomar. He's an actual leadoff hitter, gets on base, and is a great defensive player.

Castillo should be the #1 offseason priority for the Sox right now. If Guillen getting the manager job means Castillo comes here it might almost be worth the hire.

I just cant see how Guillen being the manager would mean that Castillo would come here. How on earth does signing Guillen translate into the white sox spending more money on free agents that they claim to not be able to afford.

Fisk Fan
11-04-2003, 07:33 AM
There is only one Pudge......................

:pudge

Lip Man 1
11-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Baltimore

Lip

Procol Harum
11-04-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by DannyCaterFan
Is it only me or is anybody else thinking about the possibility of Ivan (Pudge) Rodriquez coming to the Sox now that Ozzie Guillen is on board here.

Three words:

Money....Reinsdorf....No.

LongLiveFisk
11-04-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Fisk Fan
There is only one Pudge......................

:pudge

Aahh, you beat me to it, my friend!

:)