PDA

View Full Version : Hawk on FSN


Viva Magglio
11-03-2003, 03:34 PM
He's talking to DA via phone.

:hawk
"This might be the most significant move the Sox have every made."

Hangar18
11-03-2003, 03:47 PM
Who is "DA" ?? Daver? DaCoach? who?

anewman35
11-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Who is "DA" ?? Daver? DaCoach? who?

Damon Andrews, I assume.

npdempse
11-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Who is "DA" ?? Daver? DaCoach? who?

Damon Andrews.

I like Hawk, but I wish he'd spend less time on his knees facing the Chairman.

washington
11-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Didn't Hawk use to call Ozzie "Ozz-a-roo" when he was playing? I hope comes up with something else

KingXerxes
11-07-2003, 11:55 AM
At bowling last night, a friend of mine who is a huge White Sox fan (very good) and a WSCR listener (very bad) told me that Harrelson was on the radio a day or two ago talking about what a "heads up" ballplayer Guillen was in his playing days.

Before I go off on another two week diatribe against Harrelson, can somebody either confirm or deny my friend's report?

BeerHandle
11-07-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
He's talking to DA via phone.

:hawk
"This might be the most significant move the Sox have every made."

What are you saying? This is pointless!

CubKilla
11-07-2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
At bowling last night, a friend of mine who is a huge White Sox fan (very good) and a WSCR listener (very bad) told me that Harrelson was on the radio a day or two ago talking about what a "heads up" ballplayer Guillen was in his playing days.

Before I go off on another two week diatribe against Harrelson, can somebody either confirm or deny my friend's report?

He said the same thing essentially during the aforementioned FSN interview. He compared Ozzie to Michael Jordan, Larry Bird, and "Magic" Johnson..... saying that Ozzie was the type of player that knew exactly where he should have been when he was playing but, more importantly, he knew where his teammates were playing and that Ozzie was always going over manager-type scenarios in his head as a player.

Now..... why Hawk used 2 or 3 basketball players to compare Ozzie to instead of baseball players..... I'll never know.

harwar
11-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Now..... why Hawk used 2 or 3 basketball players to compare Ozzie to instead of baseball players..... I'll never know.

Maybe its because he used to dribble from the mouth while playing.He used to drive guys at 2nd nuts because he wouldn't shutup.

rmusacch
11-07-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
He's talking to DA via phone.

:hawk
"This might be the most significant move the Sox have every made."

If he said that, he really needs to get his head out of Kenny and Jerry's asses.

KingXerxes
11-07-2003, 01:21 PM
Harrelson said this about a guy who fell for the hidden ball trick - not once - but twice???

This is what I mean about Harrelson - he play acts. He thinks Guillen is a real smart manager-type and pretends that was always the case. My memories are a little different. I remember Harrelson ragging almost an entire season at Guillen because he thought Guillen was trying to pull the ball too much, and wasn't playing within his limited offensive skill set. Now he compares him to Michael Jordan. It makes me sick that this guy is our front man in the media.