PDA

View Full Version : One thing almost all of us can agree on...

batmanZoSo
11-03-2003, 01:18 PM
This will be fun.

I wanted Gaston, but I was never going to be upset if they hired Guillen. And what of the local columnists who said things like "Guillen is not getting the job..." and "the job is Gaston's to lose."

It looks like those statements weren't based on facts, but rather how they felt.

soxfan26
11-03-2003, 02:51 PM
I was hoping for Gaston as well.

I can't criticize the Sox for hiring Guillen, I just hope he is the answer.

Now lets hope that KW can put together a pitching staff for his new manager.

MarqSox
11-03-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
This will be fun.

I wanted Gaston, but I was never going to be upset if they hired Guillen. And what of the local columnists who said things like "Guillen is not getting the job..." and "the job is Gaston's to lose."

It looks like those statements weren't based on facts, but rather how they felt.
Or, it could be that the job WAS Gaston's to lose, and he lost it.

Irishsox1
11-03-2003, 04:27 PM
At least Ozzie understands that winning is very important to the Sox, but kicking the Cubs ass is a matter of life and death!!

batmanZoSo
11-03-2003, 04:45 PM
Marq,

I don't think so. This move shows that it was Jerry's call all along. Everything KW wanted in a manager, he didn't get with Ozzie.

Daver
11-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Marq,

I don't think so. This move shows that it was Jerry's call all along. Everything KW wanted in a manager, he didn't get with Ozzie.

He got Terry Beavington with an accent instead.

RKMeibalane
11-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Daver
He got Terry Beavington with an accent instead.

I'm just hoping that Ozzie will put Frank at first. :D:

batmanZoSo
11-03-2003, 05:31 PM
Manuel was Dark Bevington, now this guy's what, Tawny Bevignton?

He needs a bullpen or he's without prayer.

gosox41
11-04-2003, 07:58 AM
Marq,

This move is bad. When Guillen and Gaston are the final 2 choices it tells you how the Sox messed up the interviewing process.

Guillen MAY be better then Gaston just because he's not going to be as laid back as JM. If my choice were between these 2 guys, I'd choose Ozzie.

But the choice never should have been between these 2 guys as finalists.

Bob