PDA

View Full Version : Graff and Roberto

Stoky44
11-02-2003, 11:00 PM
I know that Tony G. is a FA this year, what's the chance he will be back on the Sox next year? I think Tony is very valuable to this team and we should really go after resigning him. I don't see him getting a starting job anywhere else, but he is a damn fine utility man, maybe the best in the bigs. I me everyone always talked about how great is to have a guy like that on the team, pretty solid D (not flashy but will usually make the right play, except for the cubs series two summers ago) and can hit well, at least make contact. HE filled in during the off days for other players well, and I when I saw his name in the lineup, I didn't look and say "Automatic Out", which is a nice feeling to have about a bench guy. I will be honest, I won't feel confident when I see Wee-Wee fill in for a game or come off the bench for a Pinch Hitter. I love the flexibility Tony gave us, he could solidly play 2B, 3B, and SS. Most of our bench players are out fielders, except Harris, who I believe can only play 2B well. We can say Jose can play 3B for Joe and give him rest, but who plays SS and gives Jose a blow.

Any ideas on who can fill this gap if we lose Tony G?

Plus did anyone else see that the Sox website still has Roberto on the players list, whereas Colon, Carl, Sandy, Flash, and Jose are not on the list?? However Thomas and Loaiza are on the roster, did we re-sign Robbie?

MRKARNO
11-03-2003, 12:14 AM
I'm pretty sure that the K-dub will re-sign Graf. I think there is a quote of him saying that he isnt gonna let Grafanino leave. I'd be fairly confident of his return if I were you

JRIG
11-03-2003, 01:03 AM
Not to mention the fact that Graffanino is Reinsdorf's favorite player.

CubKilla
11-03-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I'm pretty sure that the K-dub will re-sign Graf. I think there is a quote of him saying that he isnt gonna let Grafanino leave.

I recall a similar quote.

crector
11-03-2003, 09:53 AM
If the G-Man stays with us, I hope its as our 2nd baseman in the place of the washed up Robbie. Graffanino's too good at that position to be used as an utility player.

Brian26
11-03-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by crector
If the G-Man stays with us, I hope its as our 2nd baseman in the place of the washed up Robbie. Graffanino's too good at that position to be used as an utility player.

Eh. Graf is a fantastic 5th infielder...maybe the best utility man the Sox have had in years. Still, everytime he's ever had a chance at the starting lineup, his weaknesses have come to the forefront. I think Graf excels when he's in the utility role. He's perfect in that spot, but he'd kill the Sox if he ever started everyday.

MHOUSE
11-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Graff's the man!