PDA

View Full Version : Joe Carter


bestkosher
10-31-2003, 09:27 AM
With all this talk of cito and ozzie and their potential 3rd base coaches, what would you think of Joe Carter there. he has been one of Cito biggest supporters

dickallen15
10-31-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by bestkosher
With all this talk of cito and ozzie and their potential 3rd base coaches, what would you think of Joe Carter there. he has been one of Cito biggest supporters

Joe Carter is a moron.

Huisj
10-31-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Joe Carter is a moron.

haha, that's awesome, that was the exact thing that came to my head when i saw the words joe carter as a thread title. i'm not alone in that thinking i see

fledgedrallycap
10-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Hey guys, I'd have my rally cap in full fledge!

washington
10-31-2003, 10:50 AM
"Giggles" Carter should've saved a bit more $$ from his playing days.

mandmandm
10-31-2003, 10:57 AM
Is Joe Carter the guy who helped fill in for Steve Stone a couple years ago?

Jess1210
10-31-2003, 11:08 AM
Yes, he was Captain Obvious up in the booth...seems like a nice guy, but not a good announcer

Kilroy
10-31-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Hey guys, I'd have my rally cap in full fledge!

Actually, I thought it was "rally HAPS in full fledge."

fledgedrallycap
10-31-2003, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Actually, I thought it was "rally HAPS in full fledge."

I'm not sure, I always thought it was hat; either way it is a pretty hilarious statement.

KingXerxes
10-31-2003, 11:14 AM
If the White Sox hire Joe Carter to coach third, then they had better make room for Marceau Marceau as pitching coach, Bozo as hitting coach, and Krusty the Klown as bench coach.

hold2dibber
10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by KingXerxes
If the White Sox hire Joe Carter to coach third, then they had better make room for Marceau Marceau as pitching coach, Bozo as hitting coach, and Krusty the Klown as bench coach.

:andy
"Don't forget me!"

:gallas
"I like this King X guy. That's my kind of thinking! We can make everyday White Sox Clown Day, all the coaches are clowns, the players can wear big floppy shoes, bright orange afro wigs and water squirting flowers on their jerseys! Maybe the players Sox players can run the wrong way around the bases, intentionally run into each other when going for the ball, and take part in other wacky clown-like hi-jinks! Mr. Reinsforf told me that Sox fans don't care about winning, they just like to have fun, and nothing is more fun than a clown!"

Lip Man 1
10-31-2003, 12:42 PM
One thing the Sox do know...that 3rd base coach won't be Paul Molitor who signed to be the new hitting coach with Seattle.

Lip

CubKilla
10-31-2003, 12:48 PM
Does anybody know if the new White Sox manager will be able to pick his 3B coach or will the Organization 'assign' him one? I've been hearing Cito as Mgr. and Ozzie as 3B Coach. Does anyone here think Ozzie would be a Cito selection? I don't and, if this is how it pans out, I think Cito gets the job contingent on Ozzie at 3rd. Thoughts?

As for the thread topic, I don't want Joe Carter anywhere near USCF next season.

soxruleEP
10-31-2003, 01:16 PM
My favorite memory of Joe Carter's career as color commentator on SCrubs broadcasts:

[NOTE: This is a direct quote heard with my own ears.]

"Today's game will be won by the team that scores the most runs."

Thanks for that penetrating insight, Joe.

I wouldn't trust him to wave somebody around to score on a home run.

john2499
10-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
My favorite memory of Joe Carter's career as color commentator on SCrubs broadcasts:

[NOTE: This is a direct quote heard with my own ears.]

"Today's game will be won by the team that scores the most runs."

Thanks for that penetrating insight, Joe.

I wouldn't trust him to wave somebody around to score on a home run.

Don't forget...."Baseball scouts are an important cLog in the organization."

fledgedrallycap
10-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by soxruleEP
My favorite memory of Joe Carter's career as color commentator on SCrubs broadcasts:

[NOTE: This is a direct quote heard with my own ears.]

"Today's game will be won by the team that scores the most runs."

Thanks for that penetrating insight, Joe.

I wouldn't trust him to wave somebody around to score on a home run.

Another classic:

"Dead as a door knob"

and

"Almost ended his life...and career"

lastly when conversing with Jim McMahon - he made reference to ex-NFL commisioner Pete Rosselle by asking:

"Jim, how is Pete doing anyway?"
"Well Joe, Pete's been dead for quite some time"

Classic.