PDA

View Full Version : Now it's your turn to do this Jerry


LuvSox
10-30-2003, 08:09 PM
Pirates lower ticket prices (http://pittsburgh.pirates.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/index.jsp?c_id=pit)

pudge
10-30-2003, 08:31 PM
Um, the Pirates sold off the whole team too. I don't need lower tickets as long as we have better players.

ChiSox14305635
10-30-2003, 08:33 PM
When Jim Caple did his review of the Cell for ESPN.com Page 2 segment, he pointed out the expensive tickets as one reason why so many people stay away. Lower them about 10 bucks and maybe the attendance will jump.

gosox41
10-30-2003, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
When Jim Caple did his review of the Cell for ESPN.com Page 2 segment, he pointed out the expensive tickets as one reason why so many people stay away. Lower them about 10 bucks and maybe the attendance will jump.


I can't believe how all those people are staying away from Cub games due to high prices

I'm not having this argument again, especially with all the bargains the Sox offer. It's convenient how people complain about prices then when the team is winning there are a ton more people and all price (and UD issues) disappear.

Bob

ewokpelts
10-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox14305635
When Jim Caple did his review of the Cell for ESPN.com Page 2 segment, he pointed out the expensive tickets as one reason why so many people stay away. Lower them about 10 bucks and maybe the attendance will jump.

Again...the Sox's rent payment is based off FULL PRICED ADMISSION. If the Sox LOWERED ticket prices, thier rent payment may go UP. Assuming more people show up. It's better for thier bottom line to keep prices where they're at, and have special promotions for DISCOUNT tickets, a la granton.

Gene

p.s. If they raise ticket prices, they are dumb.

p.p.s. There are only FOUR monday night games this year. They are dumb for approving this sched.

duke of dorwood
10-30-2003, 09:48 PM
Not a chance with reduced capacity this year

mrwag
10-30-2003, 10:08 PM
I can honestly say that the ticket prices have definately kept me from going to more games. If they had a pricing structure similar to Miller Park, plus cheaper parking to boot, I'd have my family there more often.

minastirith67
10-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Wouldn't they most likely lose money if they lowered ticket prices? So why on earth would they do that? This White Sox club is a business, that makes profits (I think), and obviously want maximum profits.

TDog
10-30-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
I can't believe how all those people are staying away from Cub games due to high prices

I'm not having this argument again, especially with all the bargains the Sox offer. It's convenient how people complain about prices then when the team is winning there are a ton more people and all price (and UD issues) disappear.

Bob

If you wanted to see the Yankees come to Chicago in June, you could pay up to $1,500 for a ticket. If you wanted to see the Yankees come to Chicago in June, you could have paid $7 for a ticket, but not as many people cared.

JRIG
10-30-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts


p.p.s. There are only FOUR monday night games this year. They are dumb for approving this sched.

I don't have the schedule in front of me, but maybe there's a ton of Mags' Pepsi Tuesday half-price nights.

Daver
10-30-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
I can honestly say that the ticket prices have definately kept me from going to more games. If they had a pricing structure similar to Miller Park, plus cheaper parking to boot, I'd have my family there more often.

Ticket prices and parking?

Take in a game at the Urinal,it will cost you at least twice the price,when you combine tickets and parking.

And BTW,you can park six blocks away from Comiskey for free.

nut_stock
10-30-2003, 11:08 PM
Please share where this free parking is. When I drive around I always see those resident stickers required signs. Thanks

Daver
10-30-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Please share where this free parking is. When I drive around I always see those resident stickers required signs. Thanks

State st. right in front of Stateway Gardens.

Leave a large dog in the vehicle.

:)

CubKilla
10-31-2003, 01:15 AM
No ticket decreases since JR reportedly will increase payroll by a whopping 3-8 million dollars

CubKilla
10-31-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock
Please share where this free parking is. When I drive around I always see those resident stickers required signs. Thanks

If you go to a game when I'm going, I can get you free parking in two spots. If you think about it next season, post your pay-for-parking dilemma on the Off-Topic Board and I'll take care of it for you :D:

ewokpelts
10-31-2003, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
I don't have the schedule in front of me, but maybe there's a ton of Mags' Pepsi Tuesday half-price nights.

they have about 10-13 tuesday games...BUT....a team so dependant on walk up sales(like the sox on tuesdays) can get burned if the weather's bad or the bulls(maybe) or hawks(yeah right) ar eint eh playoffs

mrwag
10-31-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Daver
Ticket prices and parking?

Take in a game at the Urinal,it will cost you at least twice the price,when you combine tickets and parking.

And BTW,you can park six blocks away from Comiskey for free.
Ya, like I wanna go see the Urinal? I'm talking about major league games here Daver.

Parking 6 blocks away isn't an option with a 4 year old and a toddler.