PDA

View Full Version : Selling the removed UD seats?

Bucktown
10-30-2003, 11:30 AM
Does anyone know if they plan to sell the upper deck seats that were removed? One would look great next to my seat from Old Comiskey.

fledgedrallycap
10-30-2003, 11:34 AM
Nothing confirmed yet because who knows, they may reuse them for the Home run porch everyone is specualting will be built next off-season.

If they don't, I'm sure there will be a charity auction at Sox Fest or something.

Hangar18
10-30-2003, 12:03 PM
I didnt want to comment at first, and start a Mike Kiley-esque Wildfire Speculation Thread, But Ive been told that IF THEY DO decide to sell the seats, they will make them available to Season Ticket holders first. But no decision til after the holidays at
least

ewokpelts
10-30-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I didnt want to comment at first, and start a Mike Kiley-esque Wildfire Speculation Thread, But Ive been told that IF THEY DO decide to sell the seats, they will make them available to Season Ticket holders first. But no decision til after the holidays at
least
Hanger,
What's your mysterious source?
Gene

Hangar18
10-30-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Hanger,
What's your mysterious source?
Gene

heh heh, the White Sox themselves. I called and asked :smile:

ewokpelts
10-30-2003, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
heh heh, the White Sox themselves. I called and asked :smile:

Guess I gotta call my rep and see if i can get a pair...right after I ask about my refund check......
Gene

anewman35
10-30-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Does anyone know if they plan to sell the upper deck seats that were removed? One would look great next to my seat from Old Comiskey.

There was an article in the Tribune here (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/chicago/chi-0310190218oct19,1,2072901.story) that says the Sox will sell some of the seats.

Adam

StillMissOzzie
11-01-2003, 05:16 AM
I don't think you'd want any of these seats anyhow, in spite of the fact that they're BARELY USED. I believe that all of these seats are of the VERTICAL mount variety, which means that the seat brackets attached to the vertical part of the stair steps in the UD. They are NOT horizontal mount or free-standing, like the old green seats they sold from Old Comiskey.

:gulp:
SMO