PDA

View Full Version : Zimmer?

fledgedrallycap
10-30-2003, 09:16 AM
Here is a guy who is on the out's with Georgy and the Yanks, has past experience with plenty of rings, and to top it off - Cub Nation would be shocked.

I honestly don't know or remember much about his past experiences and he is getting pretty old, but am just curious what everyone's reaction would be if Don Zimmer were brought in to manage?

crector
10-30-2003, 09:21 AM
Well, he's got quite a bit of managing experience under his belt and has been pretty successful at it too. He'd certainly be a lot better than Cito, Ozzie or any of the other folks who are under JR/KW's active consideration right now.

Rocky Soprano
10-30-2003, 10:35 AM
I dont know about Zimmer...

He does have the knowledge but for some reason he doesnt hit me as manager type.

But he would be a goo asset on our bench.

34 Inch Stick
10-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Is a goo asset what you give to the teller when you make a deposit at the sperm bank?

No to Zimmer as a manager. He might be a good bench coach for a new manager if we hadn't already retained one.

thepaulbowski
10-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Nosek is one the most highly admired bench coaches in the league. We don't need Zimmer.

CHISOXFAN13
10-30-2003, 11:05 AM
I hope for Zimmer's sake health wise that he steps away from the game.

vegyrex
10-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
Here is a guy who is on the out's with Georgy and the Yanks, has past experience with plenty of rings, and to top it off - Cub Nation would be shocked.

I honestly don't know or remember much about his past experiences and he is getting pretty old, but am just curious what everyone's reaction would be if Don Zimmer were brought in to manage?

None of his rings were as manager. In fact he was manager in one of the biggest chokes in history when his '78 Red Sox blew a 14 game lead (after the all-star break) to the Yankees.

No thanks.

StepsInSC
10-30-2003, 11:27 AM
After seeing him bawl like a little girl after that Pedro incident...no thanks.

There's no crying in baseball!

Nick@Nite
10-30-2003, 06:38 PM
NO GERBILS ALLOWED!

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-30-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
After seeing him bawl like a little girl after that Pedro incident...no thanks.

There's no crying in baseball!

I agree. He looked like my drunk Uncle after a family gathering taking a tumble like that.

OneDog
10-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Saw on ESPN that Zim is looking to get a job with the D-Rays, so we won't get him anyway.

Clembasbal
10-31-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by OneDog
Saw on ESPN that Zim is looking to get a job with the D-Rays, so we won't get him anyway.

I thought he did take it...and just because Jack McKeon is 72 years old and winning a WS...doesn't mean all of these other old farts can do a darn thing. I think it will be a huge laugher if Wally Herzok is given the Red Sox job...Ha!

john2499
10-31-2003, 01:56 PM
ESPN 1000 is reporting, he went to tampa.

fledgedrallycap
10-31-2003, 02:02 PM
Good for him.

Zim and Sweet Lou can sit and drink Pina Coloda's in that garage known as Tropicana Field.

nasox
11-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by thepaulbowski
Nosek is one the most highly admired bench coaches in the league. We don't need Zimmer.

Are bench coaches really appreciated? I mean, they don't do all that much. I remember some smart baseball man that said this.

nasox
11-01-2003, 02:13 PM
Hey OneDog, is that photoshop at work or is it real? That pic is sweet. Now only if we could do that on the Tribune Co's building, that would be truely histerical. :)