PDA

View Full Version : Why no talk about Grady Little?

Irishlawyer
10-29-2003, 11:39 AM
I know that the Pedro thing (9 out of 10 managers would have left Pedro in the game with the BoSox bullpen) will haunt him for many years, but this is a guy who:

1) Handled a DIFFICULT set of personalities on the BoSox.
2) Handled it in a town where there is lots of pressure.
3) Won - consistently.
4) Had the balls to sit his star on the bench to teach him a lesson.

For me, this is a manager who could fall into our laps from heaven.

No brainer - No Cito - bring me Grady.

Konerkoholic
10-29-2003, 01:03 PM
That bulpen gave up 1 ER in well over 20 playoff innings to that point. Combine that with the fact that Pedro can not pitch a complete game, and you have a bad manager. There's a reason Red Sox fans hated him as much as we hated Jerry Manuel.

Irishsox1
10-29-2003, 01:48 PM
After the beating he took, that guy should stay out of baseball for a while.

jabrch
10-29-2003, 02:59 PM
he is one of the worst in-game managers in baseball. He is not a guy I want to hire. Cito would be a far better in-game guy. Ozzie would be a better clubhouse guy. Either option, while sub-optimal, is better than Grady.

ssang
10-29-2003, 03:13 PM
I can't believe that so many people have come to Grady's defense. HE IS A TERRIBLE In-game manager!!!! Any passionate fan who follows the game realizes just how bad of a manager Grady Little is. His post-season moves made Jerry Manuel look like Casey Stangel.....and I'm not just talking about the Pedro fiasco. We're talking the whole season and the playoffs too. The guy doesn't know what he is doing in the slightest. I don't care about his record, it was in spite of Grady. Plus, his accent is so godamn agitating it's unreal! I pray to God that he doesn;t get consideration for the White Sox. Grady Little = a poor man's Jerry Manuel. yes, he is that BAD.

AsInWreck
10-29-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by ssang
I pray to God that he doesn;t get consideration for the White Sox. Grady Little = a poor man's Jerry Manuel. yes, he is that BAD.

Plus, he's a complete redneck, probably not a good fit for the white sox.

bc2k
10-29-2003, 03:37 PM
I can't believe that so many people have come to Grady's defense. HE IS A TERRIBLE In-game manager!!!! Any passionate fan who follows the game realizes just how bad of a manager Grady Little is. His post-season moves made Jerry Manuel look like Casey Stangel.....and I'm not just talking about the Pedro fiasco. We're talking the whole season and the playoffs too. The guy doesn't know what he is doing in the slightest. I don't care about his record, it was in spite of Grady. Plus, his accent is so godamn agitating it's unreal! I pray to God that he doesn;t get consideration for the White Sox. Grady Little = a poor man's Jerry Manuel. yes, he is that BAD.

You just wrote an epic on why Grady is a terrible in-game manager without one example of his moves. I kept reading and reading waiting for an example or two since you're so passionate on the subject, but I was failed.

Hangar18
10-29-2003, 03:49 PM
The reason theres been "Little" talk about Grady (no pun intended) is he probably wants to lay low for a while

ssang
10-29-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
You just wrote an epic on why Grady is a terrible in-game manager without one example of his moves. I kept reading and reading waiting for an example or two since you're so passionate on the subject, but I was failed.

I would hardly call my posting an "epic" Is the post even long enough for you to keep "reading and reading"?? NO. One example that sticks out is the one where the Red Sox played the A's in round 1 this year. The Red Sox lead 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth in the deciding game. Grady brings in Scott Williamson to pitch the ninth. Williamson had already pitched 2 innings the day before. Williamson wakls Hatteberg on 4 pitches. Then he brings in Derek Lowe. Lowe walks his forst batter too. Ramon Hernandez proceeds to bunt the runners over to 2nd and 3rd. Instead of walking the next guy to set up a double play....he moves the infielders in! What a moron! That makes things THAT MUCH EASIER for the A's to poke one by the Bo Sox or hit a bloop single to win the game. Why not load up the bases to set up the DP or even a force at home???? Grady is an IDIOT. He thinks the Red Sox have a better shot of having a runner gunned down at the plate. This was a laughable move. Of course he gets lucky as Derek Lowe strikes out the next 2. But the point is that he (VC edit: Screwed works just as well and doesn't have the languatge filter implications) up a no-brainer situation. No of course there are many more examples but I don't want to have to make you keep "reading and reading" another so-called "epic" post. HEACE!

mandmandm
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
Plus, he's a complete redneck, probably not a good fit for the white sox.

But think about all the Legues that will fill the park.

bc2k
10-29-2003, 04:14 PM
I would hardly call my posting an "epic" Is the post even long enough for you to keep "reading and reading"?? NO. One example that sticks out is the one where the Red Sox played the A's in round 1 this year. The Red Sox lead 4-3 in the bottom of the ninth in the deciding game. Grady brings in Scott Williamson to pitch the ninth. Williamson had already pitched 2 innings the day before. Williamson wakls Hatteberg on 4 pitches. Then he brings in Derek Lowe. Lowe walks his forst batter too. Ramon Hernandez proceeds to bunt the runners over to 2nd and 3rd. Instead of walking the next guy to set up a double play....he moves the infielders in! What a moron! That makes things THAT MUCH EASIER for the A's to poke one by the Bo Sox or hit a bloop single to win the game. Why not load up the bases to set up the DP or even a force at home???? Grady is an IDIOT. He thinks the Red Sox have a better shot of having a runner gunned down at the plate. This was a laughable move. Of course he gets lucky as Derek Lowe strikes out the next 2. But the point is that he ****ed up a no-brainer situation. No of course there are many more examples but I don't want to have to make you keep "reading and reading" another so-called "epic" post. HEACE!

Do you have an example of your own, one that the announcers didn't harp on? How about an example not from the playoffs?

From your previous post, "Any passionate fan who follows the game realizes just how bad of a manager Grady Little is." Obviously you've seen many bad in-game decisions by Grady from all the regular season games you've watched.