PDA

View Full Version : PHG quoted in John Kass's article

Dadawg_77
10-29-2003, 09:20 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0310290208oct29,1,7863106.column?coll=chi-homepagenews2-utl
George Bova is the editor of White Sox Interactive, a totally biased pro-Sox Web site, which is just the thing for crazed Sox fans who deny their hungry kids new shoes.

"These are the White Sox. LaRussa isn't coming to Chicago, so we're debating over the bridesmaid, Cito or Ozzie?" Bova said. "We've had three rookie managers and look what happened. So it's time to get someone with dirt of managerial experience under their fingernails. I'm going with Cito."

soxtalker
10-29-2003, 09:30 AM
Now that -- the ENTIRE article -- is terrific!

Hangar18
10-29-2003, 09:32 AM
I love how a few of Us WSI'ers are getting around on the Media
From Wilkes being on CLTV, to Grobber acknowledging Dr.Crawdad on AM1000, PHG in a Kass Column and even little old me in the NYTimes. We must continue the Resistance ..........

Rocky Soprano
10-29-2003, 09:34 AM
Wow, that was a good read!

Good job Mr. Kass!

:gulp:

voodoochile
10-29-2003, 11:25 AM
I wish he had listed the actual address, but I suppose that will have to do. People can google it anyway if necessary.

Still way cool to ge that kind of publicity.

Great job, PHG and Thanks John Kass... :D:

I still want Cito...

AsInWreck
10-29-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
...and even little old me in the NYTimes. We must continue the Resistance ..........

What'd they quote you as saying in the NY Times?

Hangar18
10-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
What'd they quote you as saying in the NY Times?

In the Friday Oct 17th Issue. DaDawg started a whole thread on that, and the story link was in there too ........... :smile:

vegyrex
10-29-2003, 12:42 PM
Kass wants Ozzie. I'd rather have him as third base coach. That way if Cito doesn't work out Ozzie will be ready.

jortafan
10-29-2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by vegyrex
Kass wants Ozzie. I'd rather have him as third base coach. That way if Cito doesn't work out Ozzie will be ready.

I don't understand why you think Ozzie would give up a third base coaching spot with a World Series winner, just to be third base coach for the White Sox. To get Ozzie, we'd have to give him a promotion of sorts.

All that said, I'd love to see Ozzie. It's not like there's really anyone significantly better among the managerial candidates under consideration.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-29-2003, 03:46 PM
Kass is very funny and definitely a crazed Sox Fan. We talked on the phone for about 25 minutes. He is a lurker here at WSI.

I think his quote about WSI needs a place of prominence.

:gulp:

Hangar18
10-29-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Kass is very funny and definitely a crazed Sox Fan. We talked on the phone for about 25 minutes. He is a lurker here at WSI.

Bless him, as he works Deep inside enemy territory

hose
10-29-2003, 05:28 PM
John Kass is a DIE HARD Sox fan I'm not surprise that he reads the WSI board, to bad he doesn't post....the man has some writing skills :D:

Good to see our glorious leader PHG get some print time.

Hangar18
10-29-2003, 05:41 PM
I admire Anyone thats a Sox Fan, simply because it tells me they ARENT listening to the Media Cubpoganda Campaign (Mariotti will use this line too) and Thinking For Themselves.

I say Kass is a Good Writer Kass for writing a TIMELY article about the supposed "everyones a cubfan" Bull-Jive that the Local Media was reporting, and the National Media was merely REPEATING (without following up/checking/verifying, Journalistic Sins) and how it Wasnt Really The Case.

He Pointed out, Very Correctly,
the 2 points I just brought up in the previous sentence, surmised that there may be more to the story, Devised a way to Find out a way to Get the Correct Answer, then GOT the Correct Answer he had a Hunch with. THAT ladies and Gentlemen,
is a Writer, and a darn good one. He saw past the Bull and the Jive, the Smoke & Mirrors, the Cubpoganda if you will, and did Indeed get the real story out there. And it Appeared in the Cubune No less.

Being a Journalist requires one to Uphold a set of codes, codes that are Twisted, Bent and outright Ignored by many many "Kileys" today. A good article needs to be recognized and the Writer lauded. Good Job Kass, and 1st Rounds on me

hose
10-29-2003, 08:32 PM
Hey Hangar maybe Kass can give you and Wilkes a plug :D:

Hangar/Wilkes in 2004....cut the beer tax!!! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Hangar18
10-30-2003, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by hose
Hey Hangar maybe Kass can give you and Wilkes a plug :D:

Hangar/Wilkes in 2004....cut the beer tax!!! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

The Truth in Media Campaign Platform is born ............