PDA

View Full Version : Pale Hose People got an opinion?

BackInBlack
10-28-2003, 01:34 PM
As I type, a press conference is being held at Shea Stadium, and Jim Duquette is being introduced as the General Manager of the New York Mets.

What do you guys think of this hiring for the Mets? Good? Bad? Does Duquette have the goods to right a ship drifted astray? Would be interested to hear the opinion of the ever-knowledgable White Sox Flying Sock Nation.

Brian26
10-28-2003, 03:49 PM
No offense, but why would we care? I'm worried about the White Sox right now, I could not care less who the GM of an NL team is.

MarkEdward
10-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by BackInBlack
As I type, a press conference is being held at Shea Stadium, and Jim Duquette is being introduced as the General Manager of the New York Mets.

What do you guys think of this hiring for the Mets? Good? Bad? Does Duquette have the goods to right a ship drifted astray? Would be interested to hear the opinion of the ever-knowledgable White Sox Flying Sock Nation.

Well, the Mets' fans on Baseball Primer seem to like the decision. Duquette is not a hardcore stathead, but he is open to some stathead beliefs. The fans were happy with what Duquette did at the trade deadline, but they weren't so happy about Chris Watson and Marco Scutaro being claimed off waivers.

nasox
10-28-2003, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
No offense, but why would we care? I'm worried about the White Sox right now, I could not care less who the GM of an NL team is.

i couldnt say it better.