PDA

View Full Version : White Sox home schedule for 2004:


ChiSox14305635
10-28-2003, 01:03 PM
April 13-15--Kansas City
April 20-22--New York Yankees
April 23-25--Tampa Bay
April 27-28--Cleveland
April 29-30, May 1-2--Toronto
May 11-13--Baltimore
May 14-16--Minnesota
May 25-27--Texas
May 28-30--Anaheim
June 8-10--Philadelphia
June 11-13--Atlanta
June 21-24--Cleveland
June 25-27--Cubs
July 6-8--Anaheim
July 9-11--Seattle
July 23-25--Detroit
July 26-28--Minnesota
August 6-9--Cleveland
August 10-12--Kansas City
August 17-19--Detroit
August 20-22--Boston
August 31, Sept. 1-2--Oakland
Sept. 3-5--Seattle
Sept. 17-19--Detroit
Sept. 20-22--Minnesota
Sept. 23-26--Kansas City



Also, according to Chicagosports.com, the Sox go to Wrigley during the 4th of July weekend. All I can say is I hope the Chicago PD is ready, 'cause there's gonna be alot of booze-related arrrests that week!

anewman35
10-28-2003, 01:13 PM
The article is here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20031028&content_id=595526&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha) . It also confirms some other previously unknown things, like:

The Cubs visit U.S. Cellular Field for three games June 25-27, and the Sox travel to Wrigley Field for a three-game weekend series July 2-4.

The White Sox will face the National League East in interleague play in 2004. The Sox, who were 10-8 in interleague action in 2003, are scheduled to play the following three home interleague series: vs. Philadelphia (June 8-10), vs. Atlanta (June 11-13) and vs. the Cubs (June 25-27).


Hmm, looks like I'll miss the home Cubs series (I'll be on my honeymoon), but maybe I can get somebody to give me tickets to the one at Wrigley as a wedding present...

Rocky Soprano
10-28-2003, 02:40 PM
I was really hoping to see the Marlins come to play us.

bc2k
10-28-2003, 03:22 PM
Home opener on a Tuesday? ***

StepsInSC
10-28-2003, 03:30 PM
Sweet we play Atlanta, looks like I'll get to see the Sox again.

Viva Magglio
10-28-2003, 05:51 PM
The White Sox in this press release (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_press_release.jsp?ymd=20031028&content_id=595526&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cha) have released their home portion of the 2004 schedule. I guess the road games have not yet been released because of the uncertain fate of the Expos.

MRKARNO
10-28-2003, 06:09 PM
there's already a thread on this

soxwon
10-28-2003, 06:17 PM
how about gettin a bunch of us to go to Miami to see us play the FISH.?
im going no matter what but a group would be excellentay

ewokpelts
10-28-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
Sweet we play Atlanta, looks like I'll get to see the Sox again.

Dude,

The Sox play HOT-lanta in Chicago.
Gene

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-28-2003, 11:03 PM
:sigh: I hope the home opener is at night since that's my birthday, even though the openers are always during the day. :(

Jerko
10-29-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
:sigh: I hope the home opener is at night since that's my birthday, even though the openers are always during the day. :(

They DID have one opening night a few years back, but I think the weather may force it into a day game. It was quite chilly that night if I remember correctly.

FarmerAndy
10-29-2003, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
It was quite chilly that night if I remember correctly.

Wrong.

That was in 2000. I thought they were crazy to have the opener at night, because opening day in Chicago is always so cold. But it turned out to be a beautiful night. Weather was great.

washington
10-29-2003, 01:01 PM
It's amazing, I think next year will be the first time the White Sox and Braves, 2 of the oldest teams in baseball, have ever played.

Why is opening day so late, are they pushing the start of the season to later in April or are the White Sox on the road for the first 2 weeks?

voodoochile
10-29-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by FarmerAndy
Wrong.

That was in 2000. I thought they were crazy to have the opener at night, because opening day in Chicago is always so cold. But it turned out to be a beautiful night. Weather was great.

It isn't just the cold. Rain is common in April. By starting the game in the afternoon, they give themselves every chance for a long delay before starting. This last year it was raining until 4:30 or so and they still got the game in. If they get a 2 hour rain delay on a night game, they don't start until 9:00 and the home-opener is as good as washed out. That's a lot of comps to make good on...

anewman35
10-29-2003, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by washington
Why is opening day so late, are they pushing the start of the season to later in April or are the White Sox on the road for the first 2 weeks?

They're pushing the season back a week. Opening Day is April 5th.

Unregistered
10-29-2003, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by washington
It's amazing, I think next year will be the first time the White Sox and Braves, 2 of the oldest teams in baseball, have ever played. Am I high or did the Sox and Braves play in June of 2002?

washington
10-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Oops, you're right, the Sox and Braves played for the first time in 2002. Sox lost all 3 games by a combined score of 27-5, I must have deliberately forgotten about it.

Unregistered
10-29-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by washington
Oops, you're right, the Sox and Braves played for the first time in 2002. Sox lost all 3 games by a combined score of 27-5, I must have deliberately forgotten about it. Can't say I blame you for forgetting - as soon as I saw the results of that series I remembered why it was such a fleeting memory. The epitome of 2002 White Sox Baseball, actually.

StepsInSC
10-29-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
Dude,

The Sox play HOT-lanta in Chicago.
Gene

I was assuming they would play in Atlanta too...but I guess all interleague play doesn't work like that...ugh my brain is toast.

luvsox56
10-29-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by soxwon
how about gettin a bunch of us to go to Miami to see us play the FISH.?
im going no matter what but a group would be excellentay

I am already thinking about that!!! Hope that it is a weekend series so that I can be more convincing when I have my friends take off of work...