PDA

View Full Version : Mystery candidate

clarkent
10-27-2003, 08:34 PM
A major league source(really) has told me that the Sox manager could be Tom Kelly. Now that would be the mystery candidate. Talk about a good candidate.

SoxxoS
10-27-2003, 08:50 PM
That would be an EXCELLENT choice, I have never thought of him...

Kelly, Dierker, Davey Johnson would be my top 3 right now.

JRIG
10-27-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
That would be an EXCELLENT choice, I have never thought of him...

Kelly, Dierker, Davey Johnson would be my top 3 right now.

I've never liked Kelly, though I know it's hard to argue with two World Series Championships. He's certainly not the right manager for a young team. For this team....I'm still not sure.

xil357
10-27-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by clarkent
A major league source(really) has told me that the Sox manager could be Tom Kelly. Now that would be the mystery candidate. Talk about a good candidate.

WOW

Talk about backstabbing the Twins and twisting the knife. There is a manager who won two Series with smoke and mirrors against heavily-favored opponents.

Working for Reinsdorf would have to be so much better than Carl Pohlad. And he would get to have his team play home games on grass. At least Reinsdorf never offered the Sox up for contraction.

This is too good to be true. Why was this not in deeppink?

Nick@Nite
10-27-2003, 08:59 PM

TK would be nice.

TDog
10-27-2003, 09:03 PM

Not many are so full of fire as Tom Kelly.

ScottyTheSoxFan
10-27-2003, 09:40 PM
now THAT would piss off those twinks!

john2499
10-27-2003, 09:46 PM
No way this is happening. It would be great though, especially as shot at the Twinks.

Brian26
10-27-2003, 09:57 PM

Name your sources. I only believe credible posters like HSC.

Rocklive99
10-27-2003, 10:08 PM
I would like it. Last thing I heard about him was that he was still working for the Twins organization last year.

Hangar18
10-28-2003, 08:43 AM
SAY, I really Really Like that one......man would he be good....
the Cubs wouldve taken him had not Moses came here

clarkent
10-28-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by Brian26

You never name your source or you risk not being able to get infromation from him/her. Trust me this person has been involved in MLB for 15 years.

hold2dibber
10-28-2003, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Brian26

What does purple connote?

moochpuppy
10-28-2003, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Barney?

34 Inch Stick
10-28-2003, 10:06 AM
Ronnie Woo Woo?

StepsInSC
10-28-2003, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

I thought they were using it for sarcasm...not using teal in honor of the Marlins...

I tend to be wrong about 98% of the time though.

LOL i said irony but meant sarcasm

Dadawg_77
10-28-2003, 10:13 AM
Blue is sarcasm. The teal was used for this, but since the Marlins gave us nice gift, it was changed.

HSC comment stems for a rumored firing of Kenny Williams this around the time his sons got in trouble with the Law and the Kieth Foulke trade. HSC posted here that Kieth was going to be traded to the A's for Koch. During the discussion following, some people asked her source and what not, and other bashed Kenny for such a stupid move. HSC took offense to something and left for the greener pastures of Soxnet. The Kenny firing rumor was posted by HSC on Soxnet, she said it was a done deal and sources were always correct. As we know it didn't happen.

Hokiesox
10-28-2003, 10:31 AM
Why would anyone take you guys seriously enough to be offended?

bestkosher
10-28-2003, 10:41 AM
Tom kelly is definitly a grinder type of coach. But does he have the ability to work with youth. i know weare primarily veteran but next year are we going to be. With reed borchard and all the young pitchers knocking a our door.