PDA

View Full Version : Upper Deck Update

Dub25
10-27-2003, 05:10 PM
It will probably still take longer than expected but it might be sooner than some of us think. I drove past the ballyard today and three sections behind home plate were already knocked down to the level of where the new last row of seats are at. It also looks like the overhang is about to come down all at once. I don't know construction but it looks like they have to put a lot of holes in it before taking it down. I think once the overhang is removed then everything else will probably come down faster.

Foulke You
10-27-2003, 05:54 PM
I drove past the park today as well and noted the same thing you did. They are really making quick work of that Upper Deck. Like they always say, "tis easier to destroy than to create". I belive the DE-construction of the Upper Deck will be quicker than the RE-construction. Hopefully the weather will cooperate with them and let them get as much done before Chicago winter sets in.

BeerHandle
10-27-2003, 06:30 PM
If the pictures on the renovation that have been found on the internet are exact then I can not wait for opening day and Cito as our manager!