PDA

View Full Version : Grady Little to be canned this afternoon:

ChiSox14305635
10-27-2003, 12:37 PM
According to Peter Gammons aka Psychic for all things Red Sox except a WS. Gammons also mentioned that one of the possibilities is Terry Francona, who is currently up for the White Sox job as well.

mikef1331
10-27-2003, 03:21 PM
Yeah, I just watched the short press conference on ESPN News... Grady is officially gone from the Discolored Sox..

Looks like there's another piranha in the tank!!

jortafan
10-27-2003, 03:46 PM
So does this mean Joe Torre would ditch the Yankees for the Red Sox, and take Don Zimmer with him? I'd like to see how Red Sox fans cope with having Zimmer back.

And for those who think that scenario is too ridiculous to happen, I find it more feasible than believing Torre would ever come to Chicago. He just strikes me as a New Yorker more interested in the East Coast than anything midwestern.

mikef1331
10-27-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by jortafan
So does this mean Joe Torre would ditch the Yankees for the Red Sox, and take Don Zimmer with him? I'd like to see how Red Sox fans cope with having Zimmer back.

And for those who think that scenario is too ridiculous to happen, I find it more feasible than believing Torre would ever come to Chicago. He just strikes me as a New Yorker more interested in the East Coast than anything midwestern.

I don't see Torre leaving the Yankees, but if he left I can't see him coming here.. most likely he would go to the Red Sox or another team with a lot of $$$ to throw around.

As for Zimmer, he offically said he's done with the Yankee's... he said the only way he'd go back to Yankee Stadium is if he was on a visiting team.

Dan H
10-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Has anyone heard of the rumor that Jerry Reinsdorf recently had some quality time with Grady Little?

mikef1331
10-27-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Dan H
Has anyone heard of the rumor that Jerry Reinsdorf recently had some quality time with Grady Little?

Interesting..... Little should come to the white sox along with Todd Walker :smile:

soxfan26
10-27-2003, 06:30 PM
JR has to at least consider this guy, The last 2 years he won 90+ games in Boston managing headcases like Nomar, Pedro, and Manny.

He might not be the best, but he is worth considering.