PDA

View Full Version : Colon Turns Down Offer/Ozzie Now a Longshot

hold2dibber
10-27-2003, 07:35 AM
This morning's Trib is chock-full-of Sox news. The Trib reports that:

(1) Colon has turned down the Sox most recent offer (3 years/$36 million, with some of the money deferred). (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-031026soxthomascolon,1,5635369.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) Colon appears to want to test the free agent waters. The Sox, therefore, are ready to switch to Plan B (though no one is saying what Plan B is). Also, Gordon has turned down 2 years at $3 million per year, and is seeking closer money ($5 mm/year) and is said to be hesitant to return to the South Side because he does not want to impede Billy Koch's ability to return to being a dominant closer.

(2) Frank has until Thursday to exercise his $6 million option. If he does not do so, the Sox reportedly would not exercise their $8 million option and Frank would become a FA. The Yankees might be interested if Frank hits the market. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-031026rogers,1,6591739.column?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

(3) Gaston is the front runner for the managerial job. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-031026soxmanagerialsearchgaston,1,7726695.story?co ll=cs-whitesox-headlines) He has interviewed twice. Guillen is a long shot - though he has a deep connection with and affection for the team (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-031026downey,1,6001919.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility) - Williams is reluctant to thrust the youthful and inexperienced Guillen on a veteran team. If talks with Gaston break down, the Sox are likely to turn to Bell or Francona.

OneDog
10-27-2003, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber

Gaston is the front runner for the managerial job.[/URL] He has interviewed twice. Guillen is a long shot - though he has a deep connection with and affection for the team (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-031026downey,1,6001919.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility) - Williams is reluctant to thrust the youthful and inexperienced Guillen on a veteran team. If talks with Gaston break down, the Sox are likely to turn to Bell or Francona.

If the Sox don't resign the players that Greenstein says they won't, then they are not as much of a veteran team anymore.

:?:

Hangar18
10-27-2003, 07:51 AM
This is NOT good news at all. Colon is the KEY to all of this.
Next year is not looking so good after all. Im really PISSED at
Colon, for wanting to TAKE THE MONEY AND RUNNING now.
F*** that Fat #%%&

soxtalker
10-27-2003, 08:01 AM
Well, these appear to be guesses from the media -- just like almost every other report we've seen since the end of the regular season. But it wouldn't surprise me if Gaston is the front-runner and Ozzie is not really being considered very highly. Ozzie would probably be the fans favorite choice (to start) and maybe even that of the players. But it has been clear all along that KW likes Gaston. I can't believe that Ozzie's lobbying in the press has helped him. And having a good relationship with JR could also be viewed as a liability with KW. (Remember a few years ago when LaRussa was almost hired by the Sox. Reportedly, he and JR had agreed on what the terms would be. But Schueler wanted no part of that.)

We've been debating the merits of all the potential candidates on this board, particularly Gaston and Ozzie. All seem to have their pluses and minuses, so I can't say that KW is obviously making a mistake with any particular choice.

Hokiesox
10-27-2003, 08:12 AM
I fear the 2004 White Sox season will end in one fiery day in November, 2003. On the same day, Colon, Thomas and Flash will leave. Thomas to the flubs, Colon to Steinwhacker's empire, and Flash to the Royals or Twins, where he will burn us every outing next year. On the same day, Francona will be hired as White Sox manager. We will be the Blackhawks of MLB.

I hope this doesn't happen, but I have a real bad feeling about all this.

Kilroy
10-27-2003, 08:31 AM
Reading this thread made me not wanna be a Sox fan anymore. The thoughts are so dis-heartening...

poorme
10-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by OneDog
If the Sox don't resign the players that Greenstein says they won't, then they are not as much of a veteran team anymore.

:?:

I thought the same thing. If Colon and Thomas don't return, you can forget about winning anything next year. In that case, why would Gaston want to be here and why would the Sox want him here? It makes no sense.

bgirl1975
10-27-2003, 09:03 AM
Like St. Louis..... :o:

Viva Magglio
10-27-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy
Reading this thread made me not wanna be a Sox fan anymore. The thoughts are so dis-heartening...

The MLB baseball season isn't even 48 hours into the offseason, and already fans here are...

:chickenlittle

hold2dibber
10-27-2003, 09:16 AM

Well, the news is not good, but it means very little. I remember at the trade deadline in '02, after the Sox dealt Lofton, Alomar, Howry and Durham. Ritchie had failed miserably. The team was horrible and there seemed to be very little reason to have hope for the future. But then Crede came up and started knocking the ball around, the Sox picked up Colon and Gordon in the off season, and voila! the Sox seemed like a bona fide contender again. So while it is a bummer when good players leave, remember that the $15 million the Sox offered to Colon and Gordon is now available to pick up replacements. I can't say I'm thrilled at this point, but you just have to wait and see what develops.

PaulDrake
10-27-2003, 09:17 AM
Maybe I'll feel better in a few months but right now this looks like a franchise on the verge of imploding. Key players may be lost to FA. No plans to jack up the payroll to a more competitive level. A bunch of mangerial candidates that should excite no one. There doesn't seem to be much to hang on to at this point.

hold2dibber
10-27-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by PaulDrake
Maybe I'll feel better in a few months but right now this looks like a franchise on the verge of imploding. Key players may be lost to FA. No plans to jack up the payroll to a more competitive level. A bunch of mangerial candidates that should excite no one. There doesn't seem to be much to hang on to at this point.

No question that KW has quite a challenge ahead of him. But he must have something up his sleeve. One thing to point out is that if Colon acepted $12 mm and Gordon accepted $3 mm, the payroll would look like this:

Colon $12, Maggs $14, Koch $6.3, PK $8, Thomas $6, Loaiza $3.5. That's $50 million already. He has said the payroll will be about the same as in '03 (i.e., $56 million). So he must have been planning on doing some major wheeling and dealing. Not sure what the Colon and Gordon rejections do to those plans, but it seems unlikely to me that they plan on a re-building phase - I can't imagine Cito would want to come back for that.

kraut83
10-27-2003, 09:31 AM
Yes, losing out on Colon would not be good, but considering the offer he already has on the table from the Sox, I say if he wants more, let someone else overpay him. I just hope "Plan B" isn't Jerry putting his wallet back in his pocket.

soxtalker
10-27-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by poorme
I thought the same thing. If Colon and Thomas don't return, you can forget about winning anything next year. In that case, why would Gaston want to be here and why would the Sox want him here? It makes no sense.

Most of the reports that I've seen indicate that Gaston REALLY wants to manage again. So, while he may state that he wants a veteran team, that sounds more like a statement of preference.

fquaye149
10-27-2003, 09:50 AM
of all the teams in the playoffs this year, how many were "veteran" teams?

bc2k
10-27-2003, 09:57 AM

(1) Colon has turned down the Sox most recent offer (3 years/$36 million, with some of the money deferred). (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-031026soxthomascolon,1,5635369.story?coll=cs-home-headlines) Colon appears to want to test the free agent waters. The Sox, therefore, are ready to switch to Plan B (though no one is saying what Plan B is). Also, Gordon has turned down 2 years at $3 million per year, and is seeking closer money ($5 mm/year) and is said to be hesitant to return to the South Side because he does not want to impede Billy Koch's ability to return to being a dominant closer.

(2) Frank has until Thursday to exercise his $6 million option. If he does not do so, the Sox reportedly would not exercise their $8 million option and Frank would become a FA. The Yankees might be interested if Frank hits the market. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-031026rogers,1,6591739.column?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

(3) Gaston is the front runner for the managerial job. (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-031026soxmanagerialsearchgaston,1,7726695.story?co ll=cs-whitesox-headlines) He has interviewed twice. Guillen is a long shot - though he has a deep connection with and affection for the team (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/columnists/cs-031026downey,1,6001919.column?coll=cs-whitesox-utility) - Williams is reluctant to thrust the youthful and inexperienced Guillen on a veteran team. If talks with Gaston break down, the Sox are likely to turn to Bell or Francona.

I really don't think Gordon is that good of a pitcher. I like the contract offer KW proposed to him, but wouldn't give him much more than that. Gordon is easily replaceable.

I think KW calling Guillen inexperienced and youthful is inaccurate when compared to a man who has been out of the game for a decade. It's like when you call for car insurance quotes and they ask if you have any history gaps without insurance. If you don't drive a car for 10 years, you are not as good of a driver as an 18 year old who has been driving non-stop for the past two years. Guillen, while youthful and agressive, is a better driver of the Sox than Gaston, who unlike his surname, coasts in neutral with defensive driving.

And Gaston has no leverage in negotiation discussions. Talks will not break down because of Gaston's salary demands.

Paulwny
10-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
I really don't think Gordon is that good of a pitcher. I like the contract offer KW proposed to him, but wouldn't give him much more than that. Gordon is easily replaceable.

Tell that to Boston and NY who've had pen problems all year. I don't belive Gordon's statement about Koch, he's looking at Boston and NY to start the bidding and will go to any team, including the sox, if he's offered more $$$.

Colon has his first offer from the sox and also will look to NY and Boston to up the ante.

The game's about money, make as much as you can as fast as you can.

voodoochile
10-27-2003, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
The MLB baseball season isn't even 48 hours into the offseason, and already fans here are...

:chickenlittle

You have taught them well, grasshopper...

voodoochile
10-27-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by bgirl1975
Like St. Louis..... :o:

Hey, welcome aboard :D:

I deleted the thread with the same question in the Parking Lot if you are curious as to where it went.

SoxxoS
10-27-2003, 10:24 AM
1st-I don't think Colon is worth 15 million per.

2nd-Let's not underestimate Tom Gordon's injury history. This was his first full season in how long? I think we cought lightening in a bottle.

A.T. Money
10-27-2003, 10:25 AM
Colon says he wants to come back, then he rejects a generous offer. What the hell?

voodoochile
10-27-2003, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by A.T. Money
Colon says he wants to come back, then he rejects a generous offer. What the hell?

Generous by the Sox standards and the fans standards, but if he can get an extra $9M over the length of his contract elsewhere then it is actually a cheap offer.

SoxxoS
10-27-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Generous by the Sox standards and the fans standards, but if he can get an extra $9M over the length of his contract elsewhere then it is actually a cheap offer.

:KW

"Dummies."

Hangar18
10-27-2003, 10:40 AM
This is Very DISHEARTENING. I wish Colon would stop watching
all of Derek Jeters Visa Commercials and stay here. You know darn well, he knows hes going to get that Loot out of NY because the damn Yankees pay whatever it costs. dammit

Gumshoe
10-27-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by SoxxoS
1st-I don't think Colon is worth 15 million per.

2nd-Let's not underestimate Tom Gordon's injury history. This was his first full season in how long? I think we cought lightening in a bottle.

Yeah, I agree, Gordon wasn't really even that good when you look at last year. In fact, although he finished pretty well, he was TERRIBLE at season's beginning. No way I give him any kind of money. Let him leave.

Meanwhile, Colon is someone we need, but I don't think he's worth 15 mil per either. 10? yes

We'll see what happens. The division is ours IF we make the right moves, but banking on KW is far from a good bet

Gum

JJAustin69
10-27-2003, 10:48 AM
All about the money as usual. I wish Colon would stay but the he knows the aging Yankee staff is looking for a boost and Boston would get into a bidding war for him. Looks like the Sox get the short end of the stick again. As for Gordon, he is an aging veteran who is worth $5 mil but not much more. I think Frank stays for better or worse. The question is if the Sox can get another quality veteran starter on the FA market.

Lip Man 1
10-27-2003, 11:11 AM
SHOW ME THE MONEY.....

The top athletes want it... more, more and more of it.

The White Sox claim they don't have it.

Connect the dots people.....and those dots lead straight to New York or Boston.

One other note. Jay Mariotti has a column today where he says hiring Cito Gaston is not a good idea. I mention it because on this thread someone posted that it looks like Gaston really wants to manage again. In Mariotti's column he quotes a Toronto reporter who this week spoke to Gaston. The reporter quotes Gaston as making a "less then enthusiastic" statement about managing again. Go to Jay's column in the Sun Times to read the statement.

The only good thing in the news this entire day is this from Jay's column : "It's tough here, Cito. It's tough because Sox fans, who feel like second-class citizens in a Cubs town, deserve a championship after 86 seasons of trying.

Lip

Brian26
10-27-2003, 11:14 AM

Wow, what a loyal fan you are. You only root for the team when they're good, right?

soxtalker
10-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

I think that I'm the one who wrote that it looks like Gaston really wants to manage again. I'd also read Mariotti's comments before that. It's just my impression, based on all the reports coming out. Mariotti's quote and Gaston's reported desire to manage veterans are about the only comments that would make me lean the other direction. The problem with all of this is that we're really going on limited information. Gaston has kept his mouth shut, which is what KW wants. Ozzie is the only one who seems to be talking, and that's because he hasn't talked to KW yet (and, of course, because he's Ozzie).

Paulwny
10-27-2003, 11:41 AM
SHOW ME THE MONEY.....

In Mariotti's column he quotes a Toronto reporter who this week spoke to Gaston. The reporter quotes Gaston as making a "less then enthusiastic" statement about managing again. Go to Jay's column in the Sun Times to read the statement.
Lip

From Bob Elliott -- Toronto Sun
" Gaston would like to return to managing, however, it remains to be seen what kind of club the Sox will have. Will they re-build or will they bring back free agents like Robbie Alomar, Bartolo Colon, Tom Gordon, Carl Everett, Brian Daubach and Sandy Alomar Jr.? "

3rdgensoxfan
10-27-2003, 12:52 PM
The prospects aren't good. . . what else is new?

AsInWreck
10-27-2003, 12:56 PM

If that's all it takes, you must not have been a sox fan for very long. :smile:

poorme
10-27-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by AsInWreck
If that's all it takes, you must not have been a sox fan for very long. :smile:

No kidding. Compared to most teams this is bad, but for us, it's just par for the course. At least there are no current plans to move the team.

duke of dorwood
10-27-2003, 01:06 PM
Fat pitchers just dont want to be here-I thought the food at The Cell was great.

:bcolon

Cheezborger Cheezborger Cheezborger

34 Inch Stick
10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
I think at this point we have to shut down negotiations with Colon because we are bidding against ourselves. It is preety obvious that he wants to see what free agency will bring regardless of what we offer pre free agency. We just have to let him start the bidding and wait. I imagine that we will be priced out of the market fairly quickly. So it is on to plan B.

Mammoo
10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
...If talks with Gaston break down, the Sox are likely to turn to Bell or Francona.

OH....MY....GOD :angry:

dickallen15
10-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Mammoo
OH....MY....GOD :angry:

Yankee fans were saying the same thing when they brought in Torre. He was 117 games under .500 as a Major League manager before he got to the Bronx. So everyone here would have dismissed him as a serious candidate.

Kilroy
10-27-2003, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Wow, what a loyal fan you are. You only root for the team when they're good, right?

What the **** are you talking about? Being unhappy about the possibility of losing out on the FAs that we all are pretty much banking on for next year doesn't make me the fair-weather fan you seem to think I am.

I was probably a Sox fan when you were eating Gerber and crappin your pampers. And sometimes, after devoting 34+ years, the thought of losing the players we're basing our hopes for next season on before the god damn winter meetings even start really can get to a person. Add to that, the north-side near miss, and yeah, I sometimes don't wanna hope for this team any more. I don't wanna spend another off-season, spring training, reg-season, living and dying on every pitch.

Of course, that all changes as soon as pitchers and catchers report...

Unregistered
10-27-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by dickallen15
Yankee fans were saying the same thing when they brought in Torre. He was 117 games under .500 as a Major League manager before he got to the Bronx. So everyone here would have dismissed him as a serious candidate. Call me wacky, but something tells me Buddy Bell or Francona also could have won a few championships with a $180 million payroll. If either one of those clown shoes works for the Sox, I have a feeling they won't be as successful with a quarter of Torre's payroll to work with.

mikef1331
10-27-2003, 01:51 PM
Another Managerial candidate is now availible. Grady Little is being fired from the Red Sox this afternoon. I think he would fit well with the White Sox.

voodoochile
10-27-2003, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by mikef1331
Another Managerial candidate is now availible. Grady Little is being fired from the Red Sox this afternoon. I think he would fit well with the White Sox.

Welcome Aboard! :D:

mikef1331
10-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Welcome Aboard! :D:

Thank's :D:

fquaye149
10-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Brian26

is this www.cubbiesinteractive.com?

chisox06
10-27-2003, 03:36 PM
Few thoughts

It's obvious that Colon wants to test the free agent market, there is not doubt about that. I think 12 mil/year is a pretty damn good offer, especially since Colon's numbers last year were quite up to what hes done in the past. NY or Boston can come up with something bigger though, we have all see that before. I think it will be interesting to see if Colon does get a better deal lets say 14-15 mil range, and see if the Sox come back and top it. But remember this is Captain Rat hole JR were talkin about, I doubt it. I dont even want to know what plan B is. Plan B is always worse, because well theres an A.

I think Frank is comin back. again it's all BS with him. He sure "tested" the free agent market last year didnt he? Only 1 time I believe his name came up with an interested team (baltimore?). Frank has a big name, and declining numbers, and I think he should take the 6 mil and play where he always has. But lets remember what he said last year "I have a lifestyle to maintain" yea so do I Frank, and I work at RadioShack.

As for Cito, well I cant say I know a lot about him, and Ive heard that anyone could have taken those teams in Toronto to glory. He sounds a little to JM for me and the absoloute last thing we need is another laid back manager. Thats why Ozzie is my choice, we need someone to fire these guys up and get in their face. This team looked mentally unprepaired when they went into Minnesota, and they got waxed all 3 games. I think Ozzie will give this team a new mental approach, one thats been missin for a long time.

cornball
10-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Fat pitchers just dont want to be here-I thought the food at The Cell was great.

:bcolon

Cheezborger Cheezborger Cheezborger

Priceless Duke!!!! Very good.

Paulwny
10-27-2003, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by chisox06
Few thoughts

It's obvious that Colon wants to test the free agent market, there is not doubt about that. I think 12 mil/year is a pretty damn good offer, especially since Colon's numbers last year were quite up to what hes done in the past. NY or Boston can come up with something bigger though, we have all see that before. I think it will be interesting to see if Colon does get a better deal lets say 14-15 mil range, and see if the Sox come back and top it. But remember this is Captain Rat hole JR were talkin about, I doubt it. I dont even want to know what plan B is. Plan B is always worse, because well theres an A.

I don't think Colon or his agent have a problem with the $$ being offered. He's probably looking for a long term contract and we know JR's stance on that issue.

Nick@Nite
10-27-2003, 06:06 PM

(1) Dammit to hell!

(2) Damn!

(3) Dammit!

crector
10-27-2003, 08:26 PM
Why is it that though there has been a decline in the number of Colon's strikeouts over the years and his ERA is not particularly impressive, that the majority of posters here at WSI seem to think that he's good as gold for the long haul and that its a calmity that he's gone?

As for myself, I'm relieved. Now we have the chance to get 2-3 good pitchers for the price of an increasingly washed up Colon. Add to that the young pitchers we have in the minor leagues, and the 2004 Sox pitching staff looks to be a distinct improvement over 2003.

Now, if we can bring back the un-declining Frank, Robbie & Carl, then next year can be our WS year.

Lip Man 1
10-27-2003, 08:35 PM
This hasn't been mentioned and I think it's significant. From Teddy Greenstein's story on Colon in the Tribune:

"Sources say the three-year deal was worth $36 million, some of which would have been deferred.

Deferred money! OK now we know why Bartolo is bye-bye. Who wants your money ten years from now?

This seems to be another way the Sox are ctrying "poor". Sure we want you Bartolo we just can't afford to pay you right now, but if you'll let us defer money to you (while we keep it in a bank account earning interest) we'd love to have you come back!

What Reinsdorfian BS.

Lip

duke of dorwood
10-27-2003, 08:39 PM
Right, who knows what a cheeseburger will cost in those deferred years?

I wouldnt be surprised by the deferred $ thing-always a gimmick with this regime

Daver
10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by crector
Why is it that though there has been a decline in the number of Colon's strikeouts over the years and his ERA is not particularly impressive, that the majority of posters here at WSI seem to think that he's good as gold for the long haul and that its a calmity that he's gone?

Simple,he pitched two hundred and forty innings last seaon,and was second in all of baseball in innings pitched.You need two starters and two releivers to match that with the pitching that is out there nowadays.

But then again what the hell do I know? ©

jeremyb1
10-27-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
I don't think Colon or his agent have a problem with the $$ being offered. He's probably looking for a long term contract and we know JR's stance on that issue.

His agent has said multiple times the length is fine, the money is the sticking point.

chisox06
10-27-2003, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Thats a good point. JR has never liked signing pitchers to long term contracts. In Colon's case that might be a good idea. His numbers were good but not to Colon's standards. I think 3 years is about right, and if he wants more years/money then let someone else pay him, we can get a nice FA or 2 with that money.

Brian26
10-27-2003, 09:44 PM
In Mariotti's column he quotes a Toronto reporter who this week spoke to Gaston. The reporter quotes Gaston as making a "less then enthusiastic" statement about managing again. Go to Jay's column in the Sun Times to read the statement.
Lip

I read it today on the train, Lip.

If Cito doesn't have his heart and soul into it 100%, screw him.

We saw what happened in 2001, 2002 and 2003 when our manager didn't seem to care. If the manager doesn't care, the players don't care either.

Brian26
10-27-2003, 09:51 PM
What the **** are you talking about? Being unhappy about the possibility of losing out on the FAs that we all are pretty much banking on for next year doesn't make me the fair-weather fan you seem to think I am.

I was probably a Sox fan when you were eating Gerber and crappin your pampers. And sometimes, after devoting 34+ years, the thought of losing the players we're basing our hopes for next season on before the god damn winter meetings even start really can get to a person. Add to that, the north-side near miss, and yeah, I sometimes don't wanna hope for this team any more. I don't wanna spend another off-season, spring training, reg-season, living and dying on every pitch.

Of course, that all changes as soon as pitchers and catchers report...

Cool,

Next time don't make the mistake of writing stupid comments that paint you as the ultimate bandwagon jumper.

"This news makes me want to quit being a Sox fan".

Go ahead. Makes the polish w/ kraut line shorter for me.

AsInWreck
10-27-2003, 10:11 PM
This hasn't been mentioned and I think it's significant. From Teddy Greenstein's story on Colon in the Tribune:

"Sources say the three-year deal was worth $36 million, some of which would have been deferred.

Deferred money! OK now we know why Bartolo is bye-bye. Who wants your money ten years from now?

This seems to be another way the Sox are ctrying "poor". Sure we want you Bartolo we just can't afford to pay you right now, but if you'll let us defer money to you (while we keep it in a bank account earning interest) we'd love to have you come back!

What Reinsdorfian BS.

Lip

'sources say' sounds like some orwellian BS to me. Usually a journalist at least describes the type of source, when basing an article on information from that source. For all we know this 'source' could be a mole on the writer's nose. It certainly wouldn't hurt the Cubune's cause , by alienating sox fans by making it look like the sox blew re-signing Colon because of a deferment of payment clause, would it?

mikef1331
10-28-2003, 12:27 AM
Personally I think Colon is waiting to see who the new White Sox manager will be before he signs anything... because of his personality he probably wants to make sure that he'll be able to "get along" with the new manager before he locks himself into a situation he might not like.