PDA

View Full Version : Free agency begins on?

spataro51
10-26-2003, 07:01 PM
I am not totally sure but is Nov 1st the day the teams can start talking and signing free agents? If it is hopefully kw was waiting until now since it is after the world series to make announcements on the signings of some of our free agents because we better do something because nov 1 is not that far away. I know selig requested that teams not make any announcements on players and things of that nature until after the world series becuase he didn't want anything to take publicity away from the big games. So hopefully kw will have a list of announcements to make as far as a new manager, the signing of colon (i hope) and hopefully that alomar and gordon along with sully will be back. We can only hope!
:?: :?:

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-26-2003, 07:09 PM
i would surely love to come home tomorrow from school to log onto these boards and see a thread along the lines of colon re-signed!!!

Lip Man 1
10-26-2003, 08:38 PM
I believe the rule is that players have ten days after the end of the World Series to declare themselves for free agency.

Lip

Daver
10-26-2003, 08:47 PM
As per the CBA,the FA period starts on Oct. 15th,or the day after the the final game of the World Series,whichever is later.The players have a fifteen day period from this date to declare themselves FA's.

batmanZoSo
10-26-2003, 08:51 PM
I sure hope we don't re-sign Sullivan. He's due to make 3.1 million and he's not nearly good enough for that. You pay guys like Jeff Nelson in his prime 3.1 million, or Arthur Rhodes...even some closers.