PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Cowley article

soxtalker
10-26-2003, 06:48 AM
Joe Cowley runs down the list of managerial candidates, rating them by KW factor, JR factor, etc.

Next White Sox skipper? A guessing game (http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dssports/pro/261sd3.htm)

Interesting take, though this doesn't come across as Joe's prediction. Seems to think that Buddy Bell is the most likely compromise (between JR and KW) candidate.

Nick@Nite
10-26-2003, 07:43 AM
The names attached to the list of managerial candidates have been out there for weeks ... but suddenly those same managerial candidates seem underwhelming.

Joe Torre's name would change that (for me).

mrwag
10-26-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
Joe Torre's name would change that (for me).
I've been in the Torre camp for a long time. I think he might be gone now that they lost the WS.

batmanZoSo
10-26-2003, 09:55 PM
Buddy Bell is a compromise for winning.

The only thing he has going for him is that he has a manager's name.

It better be Ozzie or Gaston.

PaulDrake
10-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by Nick@Nite
The names attached to the list of managerial candidates have been out there for weeks ... but suddenly those same managerial candidates seem underwhelming.

Joe Torre's name would change that (for me). I couldn't agree more.

Mammoo
10-27-2003, 12:27 PM
From the Cowley article, talking about Backman...

If the Sox hire Backman, there would be a mutiny, as one player said in September. The only thing he's proved really good at is backstabbing for his own advancement.

Man, Cowley has really done a hatchet job on Backman the last few weeks in print and on the radio. Quite frankly, I think it's a rotten way to treat a guy, especially when the allegations are based on hearsay.

So what if the guy was calling all the time; does that disqualify him as a viable candidate? Whose agenda is Cowley representing with his smear campaign??? :angry:

thepaulbowski
10-27-2003, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by mrwag
I've been in the Torre camp for a long time. I think he might be gone now that they lost the WS.

Torre will be with the Yanks, unless he quits. Ole' George has basically said the only job that is safe is Torre's.