PDA

View Full Version : KW is truly clueless

Foulke You
08-31-2001, 01:36 PM
In today's Sun-Times, KW was quoted as saying that the biggest loss of the season was (drumroll...) ANTONIO OSUNA!! That's right! Not Frank Thomas or David Wells or anyone else. It was OSUNA! The Sun-Times also reported that Simas may not be back next year because of our treasure trove of young pitching and the fact that "the franchise" Osuna who was signed for 2 years will be healthy next year in theory. UGH! Bring back Schueler.

LuvChiSox
08-31-2001, 02:12 PM
A lot of people are blaming JM for the poor performance of the Sox this year. But it makes me wonder if maybe KW has put the pressure on Jer to play the guys that he hand-picked. Why else would JM keep putting that loser Clayton in the game, when we have a star like Valentin? And to say our troubles are due to Osuna not playing, well that is really sickening.

Maybe a letter-writing campaign to get rid of KW is in order.
Might not do any good, but at least the fans' feelings could be known.

KVinc
08-31-2001, 07:42 PM
umm OSUNA not my favorite pitcher nor was he ever on my favorite team till he came to the sox. But look at this http://espn.go.com/mlb/profiles/stats/pitching/5302.html in ever year osuna has pitched in 40 plus games hes been an elite reliever minus his rookie(as the most other relievers in their rookie season) if someone like OSUNA who was not healthy this year and got lit up while not being 100% posted a 20.77 e.r.a. in 4.1 innings pitched and still can have a carreer e.r.a. of 3.50 thats a damn good reliever. I thought we pride ourselves as the ultimate fans but yet we bash players like frank thomas and want to get rid of guys like Osuna who was not healthty when we know darn well that his numbers imply hes good when 100%. the ken doll has made only a few bad moves, Royce Royce, though i do think his defense has helped the staff cause Royce can field the damn ball he may not have the greatest range but accoridng to the stats Jose Valentin has better range than Visquel but we know whos better the ss right. Also the move of not resigning Charles Johnson, i know they like Josh Paul and Miguel Olivo, but Josh Paul looks at best as a backup in the Al in the Nl he could be Jason Kendall. Miguel Olivo is only 24 and probably need one season in aaa to develop Cj would have had three years left on his contract when Olvio would probably be ready.

I cant say the signing of Harold was bad because at the time we did it wasnt something that could hurt the club or really add to it. Harold was bascially there to get 3,000 hits and provide veteran leadership for post-season time and the Boomer move was a good one but David was not healthy and he just had a bad overall season before he was hurt i think too.

oldcomiskey
09-01-2001, 10:26 AM
uh excuse Me--but aint you the same ones that keep saying what morons the press is? and yet you choose to believe them???!!!

ma-gaga
09-01-2001, 10:42 AM
The press is both good and bad. Eventually someone will say something to legitimize any argument. Just because

:boston

says that the Red Sox have the deepest staff of baseball, doesn't really mean anything, except the boston fans crow like Gammons is a god.

:moron

"i am a god!"

oldcomiskey
09-01-2001, 10:50 AM
what Im sayng is you cant have it both ways--you cant make fun of the press and then choose to post all the negative stiuff like you believe every word that is written--and yes Gammons is a cartoon and Mariotti is worse

ma-gaga
09-01-2001, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
what Im sayng is you cant have it both ways

I see. I guess, what i'm saying is that here on these totally biased message boards, we CAN have it both ways. We mock those who complain and whine about how unfairly their team is being treated. Then we do so ourselves.

Typically i'd be on your side, but this board is different. Here's the quote:

Here is where Sox Fans speak their minds about their team and their passion. The people who write for White Sox Interactive are Sox Fans same as you. We proudly admit to being "Totally Biased, Utterly Petty, Completely Unobjective." If you bleed silver and black, you've come to the right place

LongDistanceFan
09-01-2001, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga

I see. I guess, what i'm saying is that here on these totally biased message boards, we CAN have it both ways. We mock those who complain and whine about how unfairly their team is being treated. Then we do so ourselves.

Typically i'd be on your side, but this board is different. Here's the quote:

>>>>>> Here is where Sox Fans speak their minds about their team and their passion. The people who write for White Sox Interactive are Sox Fans same as you. We proudly admit to being "Totally Biased, Utterly Petty, Completely Unobjective." If you bleed silver and black, you've come to the right place<<<<<<<<

and i love it.

voodoochile
09-01-2001, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan

>>>>>> Here is where Sox Fans speak their minds about their team and their passion. The people who write for White Sox Interactive are Sox Fans same as you. We proudly admit to being "Totally Biased, Utterly Petty, Completely Unobjective." If you bleed silver and black, you've come to the right place<<<<<<<<

and i love it.

YEAH... *** CLEVELAND!!!