PDA

View Full Version : Cito wants Molitor to come with

CHISOXFAN13
10-24-2003, 02:07 PM
Offman just reported that Gaston would want Molitor to be his bench coach if hired.

Take it for what you will.

Foulke You
10-24-2003, 02:11 PM
I don't think that would happen. Joe Nossek seems to have that White Sox bench coach job for life. He has survived many a managerial change for the White Sox. Perhaps Molitor would take the vacant 3rd base coaching job left open by Bruce Kimm?

Realist
10-24-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Foulke You
I don't think that would happen. Joe Nossek seems to have that White Sox bench coach job for life. He has survived many a managerial change for the White Sox. Perhaps Molitor would take the vacant 3rd base coaching job left open by Bruce Kimm?

Oh boy does that sound good. Gaston, Nossek, and Molitor... I don't know why but that resonates winning team with me. I would be tremendously excited if those 3 were part of my coaching staff.

SoxxoS
10-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Realist
Oh boy does that sound good. Gaston, Nossek, and Molitor... I don't know why but that resonates winning team with me. I would be tremendously excited if those 3 were part of my coaching staff.

Manuel, Nossek and Kimm didn't do that for you? :smile:

Daver
10-24-2003, 05:28 PM

Joe Nosseck is Jerry Reinsdorf's spy in the dugout.

1951Campbell
10-24-2003, 05:37 PM
Molitor would be excellent. I think people forget how great he was. (I grew up in Milwaukee.)

RKMeibalane
10-24-2003, 07:54 PM
The Sox should give Gaston what he wants. Molitor would make an excellent addition to the Sox coaching staff. He was a HOF calliber player, someone who would command the respect of the players. Besides, as other suggested, the third base coaching position is still open. He could fit in nicely right there.

I really hope that Reinsdorf doesn't screw this up.

MRKARNO
10-24-2003, 08:05 PM
Getting rid of nossek would be a HUGE mistake IMHO. Molitor can be the 3b coach if he wants to be with Cito

Nick@Nite
10-24-2003, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Molitor would make an excellent addition to the Sox coaching staff. He was a HOF calliber player, someone who would command the respect of the players. Besides, as other suggested, the third base coaching position is still open. He could fit in nicely right there.

I really hope that Reinsdorf doesn't screw this up.

Nice point... and isn't Molitor still in reasonably good shape? ... if so, he could be used as an emergency pinch-hitter.

batmanZoSo
10-24-2003, 08:27 PM
What has Joe Nossek ever done that his job is so secure? Everyone gets fired and he stays. Get him the crap outta here. Cito Gaston, Paul freakin Molitor, and Roberto Alomar. Remember those three were in the other dugout?

Daver
10-24-2003, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
What has Joe Nossek ever done that his job is so secure?

I already posted why Joe Nosseck will be the bench coach for the Sox till he retires.

Nick@Nite
10-24-2003, 08:57 PM
What has Joe Nossek ever done that his job is so secure? Everyone gets fired and he stays. Get him the crap outta here.

Originally posted by Daver
I already posted why Joe Nosseck will be the bench coach for the Sox till he retires.

Isn't it because he can crack the code of opposing teams signs like the WWII era enigma machine?

batmanZoSo
10-24-2003, 10:04 PM
Daver,

What exactly is he spying for? And Jerry puts him up to it? KW's the madman, I would think it would be his idea.

If he's good at stealing signs, Molitor was too. Wasn't he notorious for that?

RedPinStripes
10-24-2003, 10:26 PM
Daver,

What exactly is he spying for? And Jerry puts him up to it? KW's the madman, I would think it would be his idea.

The Sox never go with the best guy. They go with whoever JR likes the most and who's cheap. I doubt anything will change this time.

Daver
10-24-2003, 10:58 PM
Daver,

Nobody steals signs the way Joe Nosseck does.

And nobody reports to JR the way Nosseck does.

ma-gaga
10-24-2003, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
Offman just reported that Gaston would want Molitor to be his bench coach if hired.

?

For what it's worth, I don't think Molly is going anywhere. The Twins would be stupid not to keep him in the organization. It would be a tremendous coup if the W.Sox can steal him away.

Now logistically, with the Twins resigning Gardenhire for 2 more years, I don't know how Molly fits in, but I think they will be trying to get him to coach more...

The problem is you can't change where he grew up. As much as he liked playing for Milwaukee, he's a St. Paul kid and you can't change that.

batmanZoSo
10-24-2003, 11:34 PM
RedPinStripes,

As Oscar Wilde once said, probably.

Lip Man 1
10-25-2003, 12:28 AM
I think Paul will be looking to leave the Twin Cities as fast as humanly possible.

My friend who is the sports editor of the local paper is from Minnesota and is a big Twins fan. I spoke with him today about Gaston wanting Molly and he told me something that if true could affect his future employment by the Sox.

Molly has apparently been kicked out of his house by his wife (soon to be former wife) because Paul has just become a father and NOT by his wife.

And to make matters worse this is apparently the second time, Paul's become a daddy, NOT by his wife.

Just FYI.

Lip

jabrch
10-25-2003, 03:21 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I think Paul will be looking to leave the Twin Cities as fast as humanly possible.

My friend who is the sports editor of the local paper is from Minnesota and is a big Twins fan. I spoke with him today about Gaston wanting Molly and he told me something that if true could affect his future employment by the Sox.

Molly has apparently been kicked out of his house by his wife (soon to be former wife) because Paul has just become a father and NOT by his wife.

And to make matters worse this is apparently the second time, Paul's become a daddy, NOT by his wife.

Just FYI.

Lip

Looks like Molitor has a little bit of Steve Garvey in him!

hose
10-25-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Looks like Molitor has a little bit of Steve Garvey in him!

That to huh?

Metrosexual ? no wonder his wife is pissed :D:

ma-gaga
10-25-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

A baseball player with a wandering eye?!? Unbelievable!!! But in seriousness, WOW, I never saw this coming. Molly has a great baseball mind, and any organization should want him on their team. I know that both Milwaukee and Toronto have been trying for YEARS to steal him away from the Twins with no success.

Ugh, Lip is this seriously true??!?

I really like Molitor. This is really sad. I guess we'll see if the local papers pick this up, and how/if this affects him. I mean, the Twin Cities still support the cheating Kirby Puckett and a lot was revealed about his personal side that was unknown and really disturbing. I don't think Molitor will be run out of town, but who knows?

gosox41
10-26-2003, 12:04 AM
Joe Nosseck is Jerry Reinsdorf's spy in the dugout.

If it is true, don't the players know it and wouldn't they change their behavior around him?

Bob

gosox41
10-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13

Why not just hire Molitor to be the manager?

Bob

gosox41
10-26-2003, 12:06 AM
Nobody steals signs the way Joe Nosseck does.

And nobody reports to JR the way Nosseck does.

Example??

soxfan26
10-26-2003, 11:12 PM
I've got to say that if Molitor comes with him, Gaston just made himself a better candidate An article I read said he would most likely serve as the 3B coach.

It also insinuated that Gaston was looking to manage a winner, and when the Sox have to dismantle the team it would pass on to Molitor. Of course that's all speculation.

I'm all in favor of making Molitor a part of the organization, as long as he learns to respect the ladies

StillMissOzzie
10-27-2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
A baseball player with a wandering eye?!? Unbelievable!!! But in seriousness, WOW, I never saw this coming. Molly has a great baseball mind, and any organization should want him on their team. I know that both Milwaukee and Toronto have been trying for YEARS to steal him away from the Twins with no success.

Ugh, Lip is this seriously true??!?

I really like Molitor. This is really sad. I guess we'll see if the local papers pick this up, and how/if this affects him. I mean, the Twin Cities still support the cheating Kirby Puckett and a lot was revealed about his personal side that was unknown and really disturbing. I don't think Molitor will be run out of town, but who knows?

With a nod to Lip, I did a Google search using "paul molitor father" and I came up with a Minnesota newspaper story that pretty much confirms it. The way I read the story, though, is that he's been separated for 18 months or so from his soon-to-be-ex-wife since the 1st out of wedlock birth , and that they've been in protracted settlement talks ever since then. The latest birth, then, is his 3rd child , although there's no mention if the mother of #2 and #3 is the same person. His 1st child is maybe 18 now, with the aforementioned soon-to-be-ex-wife.

:gulp:
SMO

ChiSoxBobette
10-27-2003, 06:49 AM
What I read in the Sunday Cubune Phil Rodgers colum was that Molitor would be the 3rd base coach , thats why when KW fired Manuel Kimm went with him. Rodgers says that Gaston would be the manager for the next couple of years and then Molitor would step in.