PDA

View Full Version : Need a reason to root for the Marlins?

Hondo
10-24-2003, 03:05 PM
David Wells

This fat dope does squadoosh with the White Sox in 2001

He "writes" a book saying he was drunk when he pitched his perefect game.

Then last night comes out pitches an inning and has to leave with back spasms. Maybe if he wasn't such a lummox he wouldn't have back spasms. Plus he can't wreck his back if he decides to go to the flubbies next year.

I hope they get him. He's an idiot. A very good pitcher but the defintion of lazy.

So what if he has great stats? He's done the teams' he's played for and himself a diservice by not being in the best shape he can be.

He is what I hate about pro athletes and on a team the epitomizes what I hate about pro sports.

Peacefully Submitted,
Hondo :)

OneDog
10-24-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
David Wells

This fat dope does squadoosh with the White Sox in 2001

He "writes" a book saying he was drunk when he pitched his perefect game.

Then last night comes out pitches an inning and has to leave with back spasms. Maybe if he wasn't such a lummox he wouldn't have back spasms. Plus he can't wreck his back if he decides to go to the flubbies next year.

I hope they get him. He's an idiot. A very good pitcher but the defintion of lazy.

So what if he has great stats? He's done the teams' he's played for and himself a diservice by not being in the best shape he can be.

He is what I hate about pro athletes and on a team the epitomizes what I hate about pro sports.

Peacefully Submitted,
Hondo :)

I thought he said he was just hung over when he pitched his perfect game. There is a difference, you know. :D:

But, seriously, you are absolutely right. Wells has reached the 200 win plateau in spite of being one of the biggest wastes of talent in baseball. If he had taken himself seriously and actually tried to work hard, he could have really been great

kittle42
10-24-2003, 03:21 PM
Speaking of gout boy Wells....thank goodness for Sean Lowe.

TDog
10-25-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by OneDog
I thought he said he was just hung over when he pitched his perfect game. There is a difference, you know. :D: ...

Dock Ellis allegedly pitched a no-hitter on LSD.

batmanZoSo
10-25-2003, 12:42 AM
TDog,

Brett Favre won an MVP on Vicodin, so what?

batmanZoSo
10-25-2003, 12:43 AM
Hondo,

Wells said he was hung over because he went to the SNL after party the night before. But I heard SNL was on re-run that week (like most weeks).

TDog
10-25-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
TDog,

Brett Favre won an MVP on Vicodin, so what?

Sosa deserved it though.

oldcomiskey
10-25-2003, 09:33 AM
Boomer also spoke highly of the Sox organization and thought the Sox would go places---then he looked uo and they were 14-29

Procol Harum
10-25-2003, 09:49 AM
Do I need a reson to root for the Marlins? Let's see, they're playing the Great Satan, the Yankees, and they saved White Sox fans from perhaps years of ignominy and ridicule by keeping the Cubs out of the World Series--are you kidding??? If I had another son on the way I might consider "Beckett" as his middle name! GO FISH!!!

TornLabrum
10-25-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by TDog

Not allegedly. He came flat out and said he did.

AsInWreck
10-25-2003, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

Wow, and I can't even hit the toilet after 4 beers.

bc2k
10-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
Maybe if he wasn't such a lummox he wouldn't have back spasms.

lummox?

And if you're thinking of more reasons to root against the Yanks, think of Mussina. I believe in 2000 when the Sox were thinking about adding a starter for the pennant run, Mussina said there was no way he would waive his no trade clause to go to the White Sox.

I think the next season he went to the Yankees, obviously because he wants a ring. So F him, I never want to see him get one.

harwar
10-25-2003, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by TDog

I did acid fairly heavy for about 4 years way back when and i'm hear to tell you that it could be done. During the initial rush you may be almost totally incapable of even speaking,but after that wears off(it was usually about an hour)you can accomplish basic tasks that you are used to doing.The catcher would have to be in on it and he would have to be straight.
I once spent a full day at high school while tripping my brains out and went to large family gatherings where i was the only one there on acid.
You just need many hours of experience or someone that you can trust to help you along.

StepsInSC
10-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
lummox?

And if you're thinking of more reasons to root against the Yanks, think of Mussina. I believe in 2000 when the Sox were thinking about adding a starter for the pennant run, Mussina said there was no way he would waive his no trade clause to go to the White Sox.

I think the next season he went to the Yankees, obviously because he wants a ring. So F him, I never want to see him get one.

How dare he want to go to a good team!

bc2k
10-25-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
How dare he want to go to a good team!

What? I don't care that he chose the Yankees as a FA, I'm upset that he chose no playoffs over A GOOD TEAM - the White Sox - in 2000.

TDog
10-25-2003, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by TornLabrum

You trust the memories of someone who did LSD?