PDA

View Full Version : Does Jim Caple hate the Yankees or what?

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2003, 10:03 AM
This is a pretty brutal column, IMO. I sense some...hostility...coming from Caple's pen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2003/columns/story?columnist=caple_jim&id=1645498

MisterB
10-24-2003, 10:12 AM
Funny. That entire article should have been in teal .

Hokiesox
10-24-2003, 10:16 AM
Seeing Steinwhacker (thank you Dave Barry) fume is the best part of this world series!

thepaulbowski
10-24-2003, 10:53 AM
I've had the pleasure of meeting Steinbrenner. He's actually a very nice and personable guy. I was kid when I met him, but he actually took the time to talk with me and his roots in he had in the area I'm orignally from (Elkhart, IN). That said, I sure wouldn't want to work for him!!!

Unregistered
10-24-2003, 12:11 PM
If the Yanks lose this series, it's gonna be felt all the way down to the guy who replaces the urinal cakes at the Stadium. When they lost to the D-Backs, Steinbrenner fired a handful of completely random employees and took away dental insurance for a good portion of the staff. I shudder to think what's going to happen this time.

Not to mention the ridiculous FA buying spree that Steinbrenner is going to embark on in the offseason. Around the Stadium, rumor had it that Boomer's performance in Game 5 would convince Steinbrenner whether or not Wells would come back with the Yanks next year. If that's the case, that means Wells, Clemens and possibly Pettitte will be gone next year. All this matters to White Sox fans because a World Series loss for the Yanks might mean goodbye to Bartolo Colon and who knows how many other decent FA's.

cheeses_h_rice
10-24-2003, 12:12 PM
I'm fairly certain Jeff Weaver will be on the market this offseason as well.

:)