PDA

View Full Version : Little changing his Sox?

ma_deuce
10-23-2003, 09:30 PM
If you got nothing better to do, we are looking for a new manager... We have better uniforms and no Manny Ramirez. Come on down!

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-redsox-little&prov=ap&type=lgns

CHISOXFAN13
10-23-2003, 09:41 PM
No thank you.

ma-gaga
10-24-2003, 12:28 AM
Right. Because obviously, the most important aspect of a team is the manager.

For every Dusty Baker success, there's 4 Art Howe's.

crector
10-24-2003, 03:22 AM
You consider Dusty Baker aka The Choke Master to be a success?

henchmanUK
10-24-2003, 06:08 AM
What WOULD be interesting is if Little and Torre are both fired - and Torre goes to the Red Sox :o:

adsit
10-24-2003, 07:13 AM
For a dead man walking, Grady seems to have a set of huevos humongos, based on what I just read in the Globe. (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2003/10/24/knowing_hes_gone_got_little_going/)

Grady might have deserved the crap he's gotten up here a little less than Jerry did, but he deserved it nonetheless. Everyone saw game 7, but there was a lot more where that came from. If we hired him, RKMeibalane would have a "Fire Grady!" campaign going by the end of spring training, and the rest of us wouldn't be too far behind. :D:

One other thing of interest... when you notice that Manuel's on this columnist's short list of replacements, think about how deceiving a "winning percentage" alone can be when evaluating managerial "talent."

Dadawg_77
10-24-2003, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by henchmanUK
What WOULD be interesting is if Little and Torre are both fired - and Torre goes to the Red Sox :o:

Actually there is a story floating around that George and Joe got into it mid way through this season, and Joe ended it by saying Little's contract was up at the end of this year. George became quite after that comment.

Dadawg_77
10-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Keep Little where ever he may end up. It isn't just game seven but I think he isn't a good manager. The handling of Walker at the end of games, hurt them more often then it helped them.

RKMeibalane
10-24-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by adsit
For a dead man walking, Grady seems to have a set of huevos humongos, based on what I just read in the Globe. (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2003/10/24/knowing_hes_gone_got_little_going/)

Grady might have deserved the crap he's gotten up here a little less than Jerry did, but he deserved it nonetheless. Everyone saw game 7, but there was a lot more where that came from. If we hired him, RKMeibalane would have a "Fire Grady!" campaign going by the end of spring training, and the rest of us wouldn't be too far behind. :D:

You are correct. I probably would want him gone after Spring Training. His decision not to take Martinez out of the game was exactly the kind of thing that Manuel would do. The Sox need someone who is capable of making the right decisions during big games. That someone isn't Grady Little.

StepsInSC
10-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by crector
You consider Dusty Baker aka The Choke Master to be a success?

Should that be in teal...? It was quite a turnaround with the team....

Foulke You
10-24-2003, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Keep Little where ever he may end up. It isn't just game seven but I think he isn't a good manager. The handling of Walker at the end of games, hurt them more often then it helped them.

Agreed, I was not impressed with the way Little handled that Red Sox team in the playoffs. He made a variety of boneheaded moves that almost cost his team the ALDS series.

Interesting sidenote to Grady Little, he studied under ex-Tribe manager Charlie Manuel who also was known for bone headed mistakes. We weren't the only team with a Manuel that wasn't a good manager. :D:

faneidde
10-24-2003, 08:15 PM
I'd love to have Grady Little as manager. The players seem to like and respect him.

Nick@Nite
10-24-2003, 08:27 PM
Grady Little... not the most manly sounding name, is it? Probably good friends with Mrs. Doubtfire. :o:

AsInWreck
10-25-2003, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by faneidde
I'd love to have Grady Little as manager. The players seem to like and respect him.

I don't think his good ol' boy personality would be a very good fit in the white sox clubhouse.

WinningUgly!
10-25-2003, 12:44 PM
Grady Little...Hell no!
I feel a little bit dumber every time I hear this guy talk!
If he were to get the job, I'd hang myself before spring training was over.