PDA

View Full Version : A few years down the road

Huisj
10-23-2003, 06:37 PM
I know this seems kind of dumb to talk about right now since the team seems to sort of be in a position to be pretty good next year, but doesn't the state of the Sox in a few years worry anyone? It seems like a lot of the pretty good players on the Sox are going to be gone by then, and right now the minor leagues don't look to ready to supply talent that can step in well. Seems like in a few years, the only guy who might still be around from now are crede and olivo, and then maybe garland. Ordonez might not be back, Lee might take off, Buerhle wants to take off, Thomas will be old, Konerko already stinks and could be gone, valentin will be gone, who knows if Colon will be signed, Loaiza will probably be gone. Obviously some people will come in some trades I guess, and there will be a mediocre signing here and there, but overall, the future is extremely cloudy for the Sox after this year it seems.

RichH55
10-23-2003, 06:38 PM
How many years down the road are we talking here? Geez

Lip Man 1
10-23-2003, 06:51 PM
A few years down the road Uncle Jerry will no longer be a part of the organization.

Automatically things won't be as bad as you think. Perhaps we'll have an owner who realizes that to get to a series, you have to spend, spend, spend...

Either way I'm not worried about tomorrow because I may be dead. Live for today. Try to win next year and screw four years from now.

Lip

Daver
10-23-2003, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Huisj
I know this seems kind of dumb to talk about right now since the team seems to sort of be in a position to be pretty good next year, but doesn't the state of the Sox in a few years worry anyone? It seems like a lot of the pretty good players on the Sox are going to be gone by then, and right now the minor leagues don't look to ready to supply talent that can step in well. Seems like in a few years, the only guy who might still be around from now are crede and olivo, and then maybe garland. Ordonez might not be back, Lee might take off, Buerhle wants to take off, Thomas will be old, Konerko already stinks and could be gone, valentin will be gone, who knows if Colon will be signed, Loaiza will probably be gone. Obviously some people will come in some trades I guess, and there will be a mediocre signing here and there, but overall, the future is extremely cloudy for the Sox after this year it seems.

The Sox farm system on the lower levels is rather strong,there is a lot of talent there,time will tell how it develops.

RedPinStripes
10-23-2003, 07:16 PM
it really sucks to be a Sox fan. Always talking about the future. Wonder who started all that "future hope"

:reinsy
"The kids can play!"

cornball
10-23-2003, 07:30 PM
Did anyone else see the graphic on the World Series showing the turnover of players in the last 3 years. If i remember right the Yankees and Marlins only had a hand full at most each.