PDA

View Full Version : The Moron Report

cheeses_h_rice
08-31-2001, 08:57 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/mariotti/cst-spt-jay31.html

:moron

Guess what, Sox fans? I actually write about your team today!

Of course, I stab the entire ballclub and franchise in the back throughout the entire article, basically making it seem like only a schmuck could care about this team. Yeah, I make passing references to the Sox's fighting attitude and the fact that they are still playing meaningful games in September, but that pales in comparison with the other jabs I take at the ballpark, GM and franchise.

I really hate the White Sox, and I hope this article comes across as the obligatory, de rigeur White Sox coverage in my column for the year 2001.

See you 'round, schmucks!

Joel Perez
08-31-2001, 09:00 AM
Doesn't he look like one of those vampires in that movie "Blade" after he's struck with one of those vials of whatever-the-hell-it-is to make them bloated?

Oh well...nevermind...coffee's kicking in.

Few know or care, eh? Tell that to WhiteSoxInteractive.Com, pal!

Procol Harum
08-31-2001, 09:48 AM
While I can't criticize even the Moron for taking jabs at JR and KW, the bottom line is ever the same--what an *ss.

Fisk Fan
08-31-2001, 09:50 AM
Does anyone know what his e-mail address is? I want to write this c**k-sucker a little letter about his behavior. He is the biggest piece of *****, waste of ink and paper that I have ever read.

The problem is that he is trying to divide the city and bring more people to dislike the Sox. BTW, what the hell was that little comparison to the Cougars & Flyers?

I think it is time to send him a box that ticks!!!

CLR01
08-31-2001, 10:02 AM
You can send him one here but i'm not sure if he will get it or if it will be screened, and then you can tune in to see if he answers it.

jmariotti@sportingnews.com

Dont think he has a sun times email address but you could always email the suntimes sports staff.

sports@suntimes.com

cheeses_h_rice
08-31-2001, 10:36 AM
:moron

You schmucks can say what you want, but me and my buddies will go on and on, chuckling and laughing at your team's misfortune while partying down.

:knue

Hey Jay, fetch me another Meister Brau from the fridge!

Fisk Fan
08-31-2001, 10:38 AM
Hey CLR, thanks for your help. I will do my best to represent the Sox fans as well as I can.

Joel Perez
08-31-2001, 12:23 PM
Make that two fans....

fado
08-31-2001, 01:35 PM
Well I doubt that Jay is going to come, but I sent him a very respectful email denouncing his column today and asked him to meet me at the game on Saturday.

Do you think he'll show?

What do you guys think?

Here's a copy of the email:

Jay,

Unlike a large amount of Sox fans, I do read your columns. However, I am sickened by your bias regarding Chicago baseball teams. I am a Sox fan, and I am very proud to be one, just like Cub fans. But, in today's column, I think you have finally taken the cake. Besides bashing Reinsdorf and Ken Williams, which I really do not mind, you take shots at the stadium, the fans, and compare the Sox to the Cougars and Flyers. I was wondering, do you ever actually watch Sox games, or do you just see the highlights on ESPN?

And your love of Sammy Sosa makes me ill. Here is a guy who two seasons ago, held the Tribune company ransom for more money, said f*** my teammates, and was all about himself. And now you adore him as though he were the savior of this ball club. In a way, he is. If he was not there the Cubs would be in last. I do not dispute that he is a powerful hitter. But, to condemn Barry Bands for not wanting to be interviewed about a home-run race, and to be more concerned about winning a World Series is hilarious! The Sox are the better team in this city, hands down. Last year, the Sox held onto first place and made it to the playoffs. And I don't remember you writing three columns a week about them. Unlike the team on the North Side, whose only chance of getting into the playoffs this year is the wild card. They are four games back of Houston Jay. They aren't playing well. I wonder if Don Baylor is regretting not playing harder against the Sox in June? But those games were meaningless. Yeah, right. This year the Sox have managed to stay at .500 with ten players on the disabled list. That list includes Frank Thomas, Bill Simas, Jim Parque and so on. If a couple of those players were on the team, there is no question in my mind who would be leading this division and repeating as division champs. But even without them, the Sox, however unlikely, still have a chance to win the division.

One day, take a step back from Wrigley and listen to the crowd and the fans around you. I've been to a few Cub games this year, and it is a wonder that these people even know that they are watching a baseball game. Most of the fans spend more time yelling at the beer vendors or talking on their cell phones then they do watching the game. Yes, it is a festive atmosphere, but that's only because it's the largest beer garden in the city. The Tribune Company should play little league games there. They would still put 25,000 in the seats just so they can be seen. 75% of the fans in that park have no idea what is going on. In Comiskey, we watch games. We understand the intricacies of the game. Our attendance is low, but there are reasons for that and I place a large amount of the blame on people like you, and the other sports writers in the city. Cover the sports teams fairly, and more people will come out to Comiskey. But call the park a ball mall, or say that it is in a bad neighborhood, and people stay away.

Comiskey will rock this weekend against the Tribe. With the Cubs in Atlanta, why don't you spend some time at Comiskey at see the difference for yourself. And don't worry, I'm sure you can tape the Cub game so you don't feel dirty. And, if you like, I'll even buy you a beer if you come on Saturday. My seats are in section 142 along third base, row 16, seats three and four. I'll be there Jay, hoping for the impossible, and I hope that you can make it out there. I think that you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hope to see you there.

Sincerely,

John Daly

By the way if any of you guys are out there Saturday, I'd like to meet some of you. So if you guys feel like stop on by.

No-Neck
08-31-2001, 02:05 PM
I just cancelled my subscription to the Sun-Times, and e-mailed them about the column.

I will never support any paper that carries this hate-monger.

The Sun-Times didn't seem to mind.

Soxboyrob
08-31-2001, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by No-Neck
I just cancelled my subscription to the Sun-Times, and e-mailed them about the column.

The Sun-Times didn't seem to mind.

Well now there's a surprise.

Fisk Fan
08-31-2001, 02:53 PM
Hey fado, that letter was perfect! If Moronotti has the balls to respond, I'm sure we would all love to see what he writes. I'm sure it will be delicious!