PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* "Ugly Cinderellas" / King George's Minions World Series Game 3 Thread


cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 07:58 PM
So far, Beckett has kept the Yankee hitters at bay. Juan Pierre's speed has already led to one Marlins run, so it's 1-0 good guys after 1.5.

ChiWhiteSox1337
10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
mike tyson is at the game!

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by ChiWhiteSox1337
mike tyson is at the game!

So is Simon Cowell!

(And hey, I just noticed that he has a show on Fox. Just a coincidence, I'm sure.)

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 08:22 PM
Aaron Boone with the Manos de Pietro, or however you spell it.

Brutal.

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Aaron Boone with the Manos de Pietro, or however you spell it.

Brutal.

Las manos de piedra, if my limited knowledge of Spanish is correct.

Beckett is throwing a great game. How he'll fare facing the Yankees a second time around should be interesting.

And, as I type that, he K's Soriano with a sweet curve.

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 08:42 PM
Gary Darling just squeezed Beckett on a 3-2 pitch to Posada.

Too bad.

Tie game 1-1.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-21-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey! What's Josh Beckett doing out there? Wasn't tonight Clement's turn in the rotation? Come on, Dusty, what's the deal?
:)

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Hey! What's Josh Beckett doing out there? Wasn't tonight Clement's turn in the rotation? Come on, Dusty, what's the deal?
:)

Do you hear all those Cub fans making tons of noise in the crowd?

Man, they have the Best Fans Ever! The Marlins can never fill that park on their own!

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Since Mike Tyson doesn't like the rain, then just let him leave for drier ground. I'd be wary of asking for a photo, though, unlike some people in the stands.

:smile:

VeeckAsInWreck
10-21-2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by WhiteSox = Life
Las manos de piedra, if my limited knowledge of Spanish is correct.


(turns on SAP button)
"Manos de piedra" es correcto senor Life! Ahora esperemos que los Marlins le ganen a los Yankees.

(For the Spanish impaired)
"Hands of stone" is correct Mr. Life! Now let's hope that the Marlins beat the Yankees!


Who says the internet can't be educational! :D:

voodoochile
10-21-2003, 09:05 PM
It's Raining.
It's Pouring.
The Old Man is Snoring...

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
(turns on SAP button)
"Manos de piedra" es correcto senor Life! Ahora esperemos que los Marlins le ganen a los Yankees.

(For the Spanish impaired)
"Hands of stone" is correct Mr. Life! Now let's hope that the Marlins beat the Yankees!


Who says the internet can't be educational! :D:

I got all of it up to the "le ganen" part, but I was able to figure it out in the context.

And, of course, the Internet is educational. [Insert own favorite pornography punchline.]

:D:

LuvSox
10-21-2003, 09:53 PM
You guys are killing me tonight!


PHG: you have some funny people here! :D:

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Game has resumed. Beckett has Kd both Giambi and Bernie W. with Jeter stuck on 1st...

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Mussina saves a run by knocking down Lee's liner. Rodriguez out in the rundown.

:(:

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 10:08 PM
Dammit! Mussina makes a nice knock-down of Lee's grounder up the middle, catching Pudge in a rundown.

Still 1-1.

VeeckAsInWreck
10-21-2003, 10:10 PM
I know it is wrong to do this, but does anyone else giggle a little when the announcers say " Lowell has one ball and no strikes"? :?:

:o: Did I just press "Submit Reply"?

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 10:11 PM
Mussina pitches out of a big jam.

Some good defense and some good throwing.

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I know it is wrong to do this, but does anyone else giggle a little when the announcers say " Lowell has one ball and no strikes"? :?:

:o: Did I just press "Submit Reply"?

Quick, it's not too late to click "delete post"!

Well, it is now.

:D:

LuvSox
10-21-2003, 10:15 PM
Finally, a way to shut up Buck & McCarver....commercials!

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 10:15 PM
OK, who's smoking a doobie in the Fox control booth? That's the second time they've interrupted the game with commercials.

Sheesh.

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 10:18 PM
Beckett's stop should have been a ball since it was a balk with no one on-base.

Therefore, Boone should be on first instead of going back to the dry dugout on that K.

Just a note, if I interpreted those crazy MLB rules properly.

:cool:

LuvSox
10-21-2003, 10:20 PM
Is Cassidy doing his Wayne Newton impression?

VeeckAsInWreck
10-21-2003, 10:20 PM
OK, who's smoking a doobie in the Fox control booth? That's the second time they've interrupted the game with commercials.

I can just see it now, picture the Fox control booth. A Fox rep brings in a "little boy" to see the controls.

:woo-woo
"What does this button do?"


P.S. David Cassidy??? get the **** outta here! What a coincidence that he is going to be on Fox's "Malcolm In The Middle" this Sunday!

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I can just see it now, picture the Fox control booth. A Fox rep brings in a "little boy" to see the controls.

:woo-woo
"What does this button do?"


P.S. David Cassidy??? get the **** outta here! What a coincidence that he is going to be on Fox's "Malcolm In The Middle" this Sunday!

To be honest, I was a bit upset Keith didn't start singing "C'mon, Get Happy!"

:D:

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 10:33 PM
Lotsa ducks on the pond these last few innings on both sides.

With the torrential rains coming down, this one really can't go more than 9 innings. Let's go, Fish.

Viva Magglio
10-21-2003, 10:36 PM
They just showed the WSVN radar, and it's don't look good.

LuvSox
10-21-2003, 10:40 PM
Honestly, who wouldn't want to tear off one of Jeter's limbs and beat him with it? :D:

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Honestly, who wouldn't want to tear off one of Jeter's limbs and beat him with it? :D:

Yeah, but who wouldn't want this guy wearing a Sox uniform during October? He steps it up.

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Yeah, but who wouldn't want this guy wearing a Sox uniform during October? He steps it up.

Not to mention, that hustle tag-up makes a wild pitch or passed ball bring home the go-ahead run.

Great playing by Jeter.

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 10:51 PM
And, the Yankees take the lead on a Matsui base hit.

2-1.

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 10:53 PM
****ing Dontrelle "Hell Yeah I'm Wild" Willis gives up the go-ahead (and likely, winning) run, in part thanks to Jeter's hustling tag on the Bernie W. flyout.

Crap.

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 11:09 PM
Meatball served up to Aaron Boone to make it 3-1.

The Marlins' relief has been less than stellar tonight.

Surely the Marlins will score 2 off of Mariano in the bottom half of the inning, right?

Viva Magglio
10-21-2003, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Surely the Marlins will score 2 off of Mariano in the bottom half of the inning, right?

We have. Didn't Manos get a game-winning RBI single off Mariano in 2000?

Viva Magglio
10-21-2003, 11:12 PM
Doesn't this game tonight remind you so much of a typical 2003 White Sox game?

oheeoh...magglio
10-21-2003, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Doesn't this game tonight remind you so much of a typical 2003 White Sox game?

No, the Marlins run would have come on a solo HR, but other than that, yes it does.

cheeses_h_rice
10-21-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Doesn't this game tonight remind you so much of a typical 2003 White Sox game?

Yes, but only if Jerry Manuel had lifted Bartolo Colon and put in Billy Koch in relief.

And Williams homers, 6-1 Yanks. Good night, Gracie.

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 11:20 PM
If the game wasn't over already, it's surely over now.

6-1, Yankees on a Williams 3-run homer.

ode to veeck
10-21-2003, 11:21 PM
Bernie WIlliams goes yard to bury the Fightin' fish hopes further down with three more runs here in the ninth ...

MRKARNO
10-21-2003, 11:35 PM
yankees winning=bad for baseball

Maybe steinbrenner will be contented with winning the WS this year and will trim payroll

WhiteSox = Life
10-21-2003, 11:35 PM
I have a question:

Why are the Marlins pitching Matsui away?

In my opinion, I don't think they've pitched him inside enough, and he's taken the outside pitch to the opposite field and won the last two games.

Has anyone else recognized this?

If so, I hope someone in the Marlins organization has, too.

ode to veeck
10-21-2003, 11:47 PM
Maybe steinbrenner will be contented with winning the WS this year and will trim payroll

yeah, that Popeye ... he gone