PDA

View Full Version : "ugly cinderella"...wah, wah, wah

Jess1210
10-20-2003, 11:34 AM
The World Series moping continues, even outside of Chicago...

From Sunday's edition of the Grand Rapids Press:

"The Florida-New York pairing seems awfully anticlimactic.
The story lines to their World Series are far less appealing than a Cubs-Red Sox matchup...

The Marlins, meanwhile, are a wild-card qualifier that frequently had smaller crowds than some Midwest League teams this season. Sorry, but there's just nothing appealing about an ugly Cinderella.

I had hoped for the Dream Series matchup.

We ended up with the Fall-en Classic instead."

Whole story (http://www.mlive.com/sports/grpress/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/106655857757451.xml)

Ugly Cinderella? Come on...the Marlins are a fun team to watch, and by the way they've been playing, they completely deserve to be where they are. Thank goodness we were saved from the media swooning over the "cursed teams" storyline.

LuvSox
10-20-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Jess1210
The story lines to their World Series are far less appealing than a Cubs-Red Sox matchup...

What, the Marlins and Yankees don't have a history of being pathetic losers?

ChiSoxBobette
10-21-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Jess1210
The World Series moping continues, even outside of Chicago...

From Sunday's edition of the Grand Rapids Press:

"The Florida-New York pairing seems awfully anticlimactic.

The Marlins, meanwhile, are a wild-card qualifier that frequently had smaller crowds than some Midwest League teams this season. Sorry, but there's just nothing appealing about an ugly Cinderella.

I had hoped for the Dream Series matchup.

We ended up with the Fall-en Classic instead."

Whole story (http://www.mlive.com/sports/grpress/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/106655857757451.xml)

Ugly Cinderella? Come on...the Marlins are a fun team to watch, and by the way they've been playing, they completely deserve to be where they are. Thank goodness we were saved from the media swooning over the "cursed teams" storyline.

Did anyone mention to whoever wrote the article that the Marlins may have been a wild card qualifier but they posted 91 wins and were in a much better division than the flubs, and if everyone in the world wanted to see a red sox/ flubs world series then someone should have told those teams because if I'm not mistaken the two teams that are in the world series , yankees /marlins ; must be the better teams they beat the red sox and flubs. So someone should just tell these newspapers & T.V. reporters to give it a rest now.

doublem23
10-21-2003, 03:06 PM
Man, this Series has been great so far... Game 1 was awesome... This series is only bad if you're into that whole ivy-before-talent school of thought.

cwsox
10-21-2003, 03:11 PM
Jess1210 - I live near GR - and the GRPress is worthless. Totally worthless.

I didn't even click the link, sure it is more waste of ink by Becker or Corky Mayo or some lesser light. The only time I get the GRP is Saturday to read the religion pages (I am in the religion business) because they cover that better than they do sports.