PDA

View Full Version : Keep Carl Everett, Sign Kaz

Hangar18
10-20-2003, 09:39 AM
we need these two players, among other things

Brian26
10-20-2003, 09:59 AM
I would love to see the Sox go after Kaz. However, I envision him going to Seattle or LA.

hold2dibber
10-20-2003, 10:10 AM
The only way that happens is if the Sox don't re-sign Colon AND trade either Maggs, or CLee and one of Frank, PK or Koch (and PK and Koch are vitually untradeable) for much less expensive players.

Clarkdog
10-20-2003, 12:00 PM
Just as an FYI -

Kazuo Matsui is likely to make Arn Tellum his agent. IIRC, Tellem took on Frank as a client and renegotiated his contract with Reinsdorf after the "diminsihing skills" incident. Apparently, Tellum and Reinsdorf have a good history and like to deal together. Not to imply that such a thing could happen on Matsui - just to say this is not Boras we're looking at, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sox at least inquired into Matsui as it related to their plans.

RichH55
10-20-2003, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Just as an FYI -

Kazuo Matsui is likely to make Arn Tellum his agent. IIRC, Tellem took on Frank as a client and renegotiated his contract with Reinsdorf after the "diminsihing skills" incident. Apparently, Tellum and Reinsdorf have a good history and like to deal together. Not to imply that such a thing could happen on Matsui - just to say this is not Boras we're looking at, so I wouldn't be surprised if Sox at least inquired into Matsui as it related to their plans.

That is definately good news

MRKARNO
10-20-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Clarkdog
Just as an FYI -

Well I guess it's good news if tellem is the agent and dont even ponder getting Kaz if he has a change of heart and hires Scott Boras