PDA

View Full Version : Mike Hargrove

guillen4life13
10-19-2003, 12:09 PM
This guy was fired from the Orioles just recently, and here's what I'm thinking.

He managed the Indians through quite a success run. He knows this division, and he knows Sandy, Robbie, and Bartolo. Had a mediocre Baltimore team with which to work.

After being fired, he was asked about the White Sox' managerial opening, and he said that he was interested.

He never won the whole thing, but he managed the Indians to two pennants, and 5 division championships.

I think those are some pretty damn good credentials. I don't understand why he hasn't been brought up at all.

kraut83
10-19-2003, 01:27 PM
I've definitely been cold to the idea of Grover as manager, but after seeing the list of speculated cantidates, he is starting to look a little better. After all, he would have a little better than AAA talent to work with here.

FJA
10-19-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by kraut83
I've definitely been cold to the idea of Grover as manager, but after seeing the list of speculated cantidates, he is starting to look a little better. After all, he would have a little better than AAA talent to work with here.

My thoughts exactly. I don't exactly like Hargrove, but I like him a hell of a lot better to manage this team than a lot of the other names mentioned.