PDA

View Full Version : If you had to do the PR...

winodj
10-19-2003, 02:29 AM
How would you market the team to reduce the blue in the stands?

What would your slogan be?

I'm all about bringing back Veeck like promotions and a slogan of something like...

"This year, its our turn."

WinningUgly!
10-19-2003, 02:39 AM
"South Side Baseball: Sox fans know better."

voodoochile
10-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Sox Baseball: Beer, Babes and Bleachers and you won't have to wait 30 years to see back to back winning seasons.

Sox Baseball: No Lovable Losers Allowed

Sox Baseball: Come for the fun, stay for the game

Sox Baseball: You don't have to stand in the street to catch a baseball.

Sox Baseball: When you're ready for real baseball.

OneDog
10-19-2003, 03:24 PM
White Sox Baseball: Actually, there is more crime in Wrigleyville.

White Sox Baseball: Yes, we still have a team.

White Sox Baseball: We promise not to sign Jaime Navarro... again.

White Sox Baseball: Disco STILL Sucks!

RedPinStripes
10-19-2003, 03:36 PM
:reinsy
"I love rebuilding...............Who needs a slogan when i 'm gonna cut payroll , jack the prices up, and get US Cellular to pay for renovations? I still have 20,000 loyals that come out to the park. Screw andy the clown. We have "Wille Wonka to annoy all the adults"

ScottyTheSoxFan
10-19-2003, 03:38 PM
"we wont cheat OR choke"

JRIG
10-19-2003, 03:46 PM
White Sox Baseball: If you loved the mid-90s Indians, do we have a team for you!

White Sox Baseball: Finding a Cure For Jerry's Kids

White Sox Baseball: Do you like our new park yet?

White Sox Baseball: Saving you the heartache of another playoff series loss

RedPinStripes
10-19-2003, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by JRIG
White Sox Baseball: If you loved the mid-90s Indians, do we have a team for you!

LMAO!

JRIG
10-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
LMAO!

Thanks. I think if by some act of lunacy Hargrove ends up as manager, we have to use that slogan for next year.

RedPinStripes
10-19-2003, 04:11 PM
Thanks. I think if by some act of lunacy Hargrove ends up as manager, we have to use that slogan for next year.

Problem is, those guys were getting old in the late 90's. And to top it off, the 2000 Sox beat their ass! So Jerry wants big names that are old to attract a croud. This never works.

RedPinStripes
10-19-2003, 04:16 PM
So are we getting Eddy Murray as a 3b coach , Lofton coming back again, Omar Visquel, And why not Jerid Wright? Jeezzz even a lot of the 93 Sox were guys at the end of their career. Accept for Julio Franco. he just wont go away .

JRIG
10-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
So are we getting Eddy Murray as a 3b coach , Lofton coming back again, Omar Visquel, And why not Jerid Wright? Jeezzz even a lot of the 93 Sox were guys at the end of their career. Accept for Julio Franco. he just wont go away .

By my count, these are the former Indians to play with the Sox:

Sandy Alomar, Roberto Alomar, Kenny Lofton, Albert Belle, Tony Pena, Herb Perry, Ken Hill, Alan Embree, Bartolo Colon, Jeff Juden, and Harold Baines. That's 11. Did I miss anybody?

RedPinStripes
10-19-2003, 04:33 PM
By my count, these are the former Indians to play with the Sox:

Sandy Alomar, Roberto Alomar, Kenny Lofton, Albert Belle, Tony Pena, Herb Perry, Ken Hill, Alan Embree, Bartolo Colon, Jeff Juden, and Harold Baines. That's 11. Did I miss anybody?

you mentioned a few that i forgot about.

winodj
10-19-2003, 04:41 PM

You think if the Cubs white flag Sosa next year it wouldn't have an effect on attendance?

RedPinStripes
10-19-2003, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by winodj
You think if the Cubs white flag Sosa next year it wouldn't have an effect on attendance?

Prolly not. Those idiots are there just to say htey go to wrigley and suport the losers. Oh yeah, and to get blasted with there backwards visor wearing ******* friends.

doublem23
10-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Here's the full list (http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/multifranchise.cgi?level=franch&t1=CHW&t2=CLE&t3=&t4=&submit=Find+Players)

JRIG
10-19-2003, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
Here's the full list (http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/multifranchise.cgi?level=franch&t1=CHW&t2=CLE&t3=&t4=&submit=Find+Players)

I was referring to mid-90s Indians, but it's still quite a list.

1951Campbell
10-19-2003, 09:51 PM
White Sox Baseball: the South Side shall rise again!

[underneath two comparison photos: one of a yuppie-ishly dressed Cub fan on a cell phone, the other of an average family at the Cell]: White Sox baseball: real baseball for real people.

White Sox Baseball: no pretentious, self-pitying essays from George Will, Doris Kearns Goodwin, John Updike or Dan Shaunessy here!

White Sox Baseball: real men brave the mean, scary South Side.

[under pictures of Bill Veeck, ivy and Harry Caray]: come see where all those Chicago institutions really began.

Dadawg_77
10-19-2003, 10:03 PM
First hire Arnie Harris JR to direct TV broadcast. Second, Put Hawk and DJ on the Center field fan deck and available to the fans. Thrid cut UD prices in half and keep the policy that if you buy upper deck tickets, you have to sit up there.

Sox' PR has had a bit luck becuase of the Cubs success. It was the major story of the city which allowed a story that could have really could have hurt the Sox' PR, flew below the radar. Story of Tom Cooper's trial and conviction in the attack on the Trumblay family hasn't been give too much attention as it could have warrented.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/chi-0310170452oct17,1,6143017.column?coll=chi-news-nav

Dadawg_77
10-19-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 1951Campbell
White Sox Baseball: the South Side shall rise again!

[underneath two comparison photos: one of a yuppie-ishly dressed Cub fan on a cell phone, the other of an average family at the Cell]: White Sox baseball: real baseball for real people.

White Sox Baseball: no pretentious, self-pitying essays from George Will, Doris Kearns Goodwin, John Updike or Dan Shaunessy here!

White Sox Baseball: real men brave the mean, scary South Side.

[under pictures of Bill Veeck, ivy and Harry Caray]: come see where all those Chicago institutions really began.

I think you would turn off some fanbases with those slogans and there never a need to do that.

1951Campbell
10-19-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
I think you would turn off some fanbases with those slogans and there never a need to do that.

Re-calibrate your sarcasm-detector. It was 'sposed to be funny.

:gulp: