PDA

View Full Version : *Official* World Series Game 1 Marlins vs Yankees Game Thread

MRKARNO
10-18-2003, 07:51 PM
1-0 Fish through 2

ma-gaga
10-18-2003, 08:40 PM
Pretty quiet here tonight.

1-1 Top of the 5th, but the Fish are threatening. Runners on 2nd and 3rd with one out.

ma-gaga
10-18-2003, 08:42 PM
This game is goofy. Both pitchers are throwing a lot of junk. 72 mph hanging curveballs.

Wells is a slovenly slob. I hate him badly.

YES!!! 2 runs scored on a bleeding single. 3-1 Fish.

Daver
10-18-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
Pretty quiet here tonight.

I'm relaxing,I hunted for four hours today,and then took advantage of the weather and fished for six hours.

LuvSox
10-18-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Daver
I'm relaxing,I hunted for four hours today,and then took advantage of the weather and fished for six hours.

Pizza for dinner? :D:

Daver
10-18-2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by LuvSox
Pizza for dinner? :D:

No,smoked salmon,with wild rice,fresh green beans with almonds,and wheat and spinach pasta salad.

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:00 PM
The Marlins blow a big chance to gain an extra run in the top of the eighth. Will it come back to haunt them?

batmanZoSo
10-18-2003, 10:12 PM
David Wells is a pud. Didn't he say the Marlins have no right to even exist or something? What a chode. And he's lights out in the playoffs now. Couldn't do crap for us, that fat idiot.

batmanZoSo
10-18-2003, 10:14 PM
This is big right here. Could set the tone for the series.

Yanks at the corners, two outs, Urbina coming in.

The Marlins gotta win this game for so many reasons....

Obviously, you need every road win you can get, especially when you get good pitching from otherwise shoddy Brad Penny.

If you lose tonight, you must win tomorrow. If you win tonight, tomorrow's a bonus, then you go home.

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:15 PM
Two outs, men on the corners for the Yankees in the bottom of the eighth, down 3-2.

Urbina comes in and Posada is batting.

This is playoff baseball at its finest.

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:18 PM
And, Posada K's on a nasty pitch!

Onto the 9th inning, where life-long dreams are realized, won and lost.

batmanZoSo
10-18-2003, 10:19 PM
Ye-es!

Urbina is money, baby. He's a swinger.

Beat these elitist snots all over the field. Send those idiot celebrity front-runners home sad and crying. As if they care anyway.

3 outs to go.

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:31 PM
Giambi, Boone and Rivera to face Ugueth Urbina in the bottom of the 9th.

Here we go...

ma-gaga
10-18-2003, 10:34 PM
The 7-8-9 hitters. Plus the free swinging Soriano if it gets' that far. Thank god NYY has no bench.

:)

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:38 PM
Leadoff walk to Giambi, for whom Delucci pinch-runs.

Boone steps up the plate, game 7 of the ALCS fresh in his mind.

But, Torre says, play for the tie at home and has Boone bunt. A hit and run play does not work and the runner stays at first on the flyout to right field.

Ruben Sierra pinch-hitting.

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
The 7-8-9 hitters. Plus the free swinging Soriano if it gets' that far. Thank god NYY has no bench.

You mean Delucci and Sierra don't count?

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:43 PM
One out, Delucci on first and Sierra up.

On a 2-2 count, Sierra takes a ball and the count goes full.

With the runner going, Sierra takes ball four.

First and second, one out and Soriano coming to bat.

WhiteSox = Life
10-18-2003, 10:51 PM
Urbina's changeup is fantastic tonight.

Nick Johnson the batter. I don't know why I'm doing play by play, but I am. Call it an excitement reflex.

First pitch fastball, a ball. Second pitch, changeup high, a ball. 2-0 count.

Third pitch, fouled off to the right side. 2-1 count. Fourth pitch, popped into shallow center.

PIERRE CATCHES IT!

MARLINS WIN GAME 1!!!!!

oheeoh...magglio
10-18-2003, 10:56 PM
AND THAT'S A MARLINS WINNER!!!!

batmanZoSo
10-18-2003, 10:58 PM
This team is amazing. Two winning season, two pennants. Unbelievable. And after ten years in existence, they're a mere three wins away from tying the White Sox in World Series titles.

It's kinda depressing how they can do it so easily and we always come up short. And it's not about money like it was in 97. I swear I didn't even know they were contending until August. And I didn't know they really might make the playoffs until they beat the Phillies late in September.

It makes you wonder the value of the Franks, Magglios, and Konerkos of the world. Let's get some speed and defense. Get rid of a few big righty power guys.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-18-2003, 10:59 PM
Great to see the Marlins steal game 1. With the two whiney self-pitying franchises out of the picture, it's good to have a team to cheer for against the hated Yanquis.

Go Fish!

MRKARNO
10-18-2003, 11:05 PM
That was actually a great game

oheeoh...magglio
10-18-2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
That was actually a great game

That was a very good game...one of the better ones all postseason, which is saying something.

Viva Magglio
10-18-2003, 11:09 PM
I just got back from Soldier Field (Fire beat Colorado 4-3) and listened to most of the game on radio. We saw tonight who resiliant the Marlins are with their nail-biting victory over the Yankees. Hopefully, Florida can win tomorrow night and return to South Florida two wins away from their second world championship.

JJAustin69
10-18-2003, 11:10 PM
Attention overconfident Yankee fans: the Marlins are for real. 1-0 Fish.

PaleHoseGeorge
10-18-2003, 11:16 PM
Can anybody tell me what the Marlins payroll is? I'm going to be royally pissed if any team owned by Loria has a higher payroll than the Sox.

:angry:

oheeoh...magglio
10-18-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Can anybody tell me what the Marlins payroll is? I'm going to be royally pissed if any team owned by Loria has a higher payroll than the Sox.

I believe it's 50 million dollars or so.

cheeses_h_rice
10-18-2003, 11:26 PM
Great to see the Marlins steal game 1. With the two whiney self-pitying franchises out of the picture, it's good to have a team to cheer for against the hated Yanquis.

Go Fish!

How nice it is to watch a tense, tautly played game between these 2 teams. The Marlins skated very close to the edge, I thought, allowing Yankee baserunners in almost every inning, but they kept wriggling out of it. Urbina would scare the crap out of me if I were a Marlins fan, though -- that 9th could easily have turned ugly if the Yankee hitters were a bit more patient.

Anyway, good to see the Marlins take the first one. Let's hope this goes 6 or 7.

joeywpb
10-18-2003, 11:38 PM

The Marlins payroll is 52 mil., and Pudge is the only one making over 5 mil a year. The sox payroll is 69 mil.

My chances to see both clinchers looks alot better(I was there in 97).

VeeckAsInWreck
10-19-2003, 02:42 AM
I just got home tonight, I didn't get to hear or see the game. However, I am glad to hear that our brothers, The Marlins, took game one from the Yanks.

Let's hope that it teaches King George that it is not about how much you spend, but who plays for your team.

Marlins in 6 games, and yet another WS title!

WhiteSox = Life
10-19-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
I just got home tonight, I didn't get to hear or see the game. However, I am glad to hear that our brothers, The Marlins, took game one from the Yanks.

Let's hope that it teaches King George that it is not about how much you spend, but who plays for your team.

Marlins in 6 games, and yet another WS title!

Well, that's what Preston Wilson, one year removed from being a Florida Marlin, predicted.

Any amount of games, as long as the series ends with a Marlins victory is good by me.

:smile:

MisterB
10-19-2003, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by joeywpb
The Marlins payroll is 52 mil., and Pudge is the only one making over 5 mil a year. The sox payroll is 69 mil.

My chances to see both clinchers looks alot better(I was there in 97).

Actually the Sox payroll is about $54M and the Marlins c. $49M.