PDA

View Full Version : Sox Manager?

hempsox
10-17-2003, 08:21 PM
So as we all continue to weigh in on this subject I have to ask. What happened to Davey Johnson? Has he been kidnapped for the last few years? Why isn't he ever mentioned for at ML job anymore? He's won a championship...he seemed to know how to handle both veterans and youngsters. He's not managed in the majors since 2000. Time for a comeback imo.

SoxRulecubsdrool
10-17-2003, 10:00 PM
At one time I thought that was a good idea too. However, I got a bit turned off when I saw him on an tv a while back and he was all googlied eyed about being a manager for the cubs someday. What is it with all these people?
Can we ever escape it?

adsit
10-17-2003, 10:27 PM
I thought he became the athletic director at some university, but the trail's really gone cold on him, hasn't it? Hadn't thought about him in a while.

hempsox
10-18-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
At one time I thought that was a good idea too. However, I got a bit turned off when I saw him on an tv a while back and he was all googlied eyed about being a manager for the cubs someday.

I remember this too. So my thought is, if you are lurking on the board Davey Johnson, register and throw your hat into the ring right here. Make it another WSI exclusive!

Chisoxfn
10-18-2003, 07:07 PM
Please don't ever mention the name Davey Johnson. Being from the LA/Orange county area I saw singlehandedly what he did with the Dodgers.

He was one of the worse managers I ever saw. The players hated playing for him when he was there and he made some terrible calls. I know he was once good, but something happened and I would be absolutely disgusted if he got the job.

It takes a lot to piss me off and that would piss me off.

longshot7
10-18-2003, 07:20 PM
I agree - Johnson is the worst. The joke around Dodger Stadium when he was here was "Someone better wake him up - there's a baseball game going on." He did virtually nothing for the team and was the laziest manager I'd ever seen - no hit-and-runs, no stolen bases, just waiting for homers. boring, boring, boring...
there are better choices.

Chisoxfn
10-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by longshot7
I agree - Johnson is the worst. The joke around Dodger Stadium when he was here was "Someone better wake him up - there's a baseball game going on." He did virtually nothing for the team and was the laziest manager I'd ever seen - no hit-and-runs, no stolen bases, just waiting for homers. boring, boring, boring...
there are better choices.

Whats up Longshot...haven't seen ya since the Sox fans invaded Dodger stadium :D:

I think the question amongst Dodger fans is who was worse: Malone or Johnson

VeeckAsInWreck
10-19-2003, 04:05 AM
Davey Johnson??? No thanks, we are better off digging up Casey Stengel and putting a Sox uniform on him!