Last chance.

KempersRS
08-30-2001, 08:18 PM
Jerry, guess which one I voted for :)

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2001, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
Jerry, guess which one I voted for :)

I'm sure you voted for yes Mr. Positive.

Procol Harum
08-30-2001, 10:08 PM
After missing the chance tonight, I think we can finally file 2001 under "Season, Over." I hope we win the series agianst Cleveland so that we can salvage some of our dignity and so these guys can begin to believe that they can beat better teams when it "matters." That's bound to help for 2002. But if you seriously believe that the Sox have a real chance--a real one, not an infitesimal mathematical chance--at 8.5 games on August 30th--you gotta be drinking some serious kool-aid. This would take some real "Angels in the Outfield"-grade miracles to pull this baby out. And unfortunately we gots demons in the infield...
:ray :hitless
"What's he mean by that?"

Daver
08-30-2001, 10:17 PM
Remember the 69 Mets?

Jerry_Manuel
08-30-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by daver
Remember the 69 Mets?

:santo
Geez Daver why did you have to go and bring that up. I hate New York.

voodoochile
08-30-2001, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by daver
Remember the 69 Mets?

All or nothing sweep or it's over...

Yeah, but we ain't up against the flubbies...

Procol Harum
08-30-2001, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Yeah, but we ain't up against the flubbies...

Don't remind us. Besides the double indignity of the Flubs coming back from the grave today whilst the Sox lose, I believe we're now 6.5 games behind the "Cubbies" in the race for Chicago bragging rights.

chisoxfanatic
08-31-2001, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum
I believe we're now 6.5 games behind the "Cubbies" in the race for Chicago bragging rights.

We already won the civic bragging rights, taking 4 of 6 from the north side minor league team! The only way the Cub fans would be able to croak is if they make the playoffs, which they will not!

Heather the Redbird

FarWestChicago
08-31-2001, 12:29 AM
We already won the civic bragging rights, taking 4 of 6 from the north side minor league team! The only way the Cub fans would be able to croak is if they make the playoffs, which they will not!

I've been waiting for sombody to point that out. Thank you.

Procol Harum
08-31-2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by chisoxfanatic
We already won the civic bragging rights, taking 4 of 6 from the north side minor league team! The only way the Cub fans would be able to croak is if they make the playoffs, which they will not! Heather the Redbird

Good point--how soon we forget, eh?--but I'm hoping for the ultimately "unthinkable" for Mariotti and all of Flubdom in this year of Sam-me and Cub fever--the Sox coming from behind to eclipse the record of the flamed-out, gasping, sputtering would-be-World-Series-bound Cubs. Ahhhh! How I love the smell of burning ivy in the morning!

harwar
08-31-2001, 09:58 AM
All this talk about are we in it or not should be retroactive to the last few weeks if you ask me.When the tribe & twins were both losing the last couple of weeks,THATS when we had a chance to make a move.We lost every big game that came up.Oh well,better luck next year.I guess we'll see what our fearless leaders(JR,KW & JM)have in store for us in the offseason.

Tavarin
08-31-2001, 12:50 PM
There is still a small chance that they will be able to beat the Indians and Twins...Probably more of a chance than the Flubbies making the playoffs tho.