PDA

View Full Version : Winter Ball

soxrme
10-17-2003, 10:49 AM
Does anyone know if Crede is going to winter ball this year? I know he refused last year. He and Olivo and Rowand and Borchard could sure use it.

Randar68
10-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by soxrme
Does anyone know if Crede is going to winter ball this year? I know he refused last year. He and Olivo and Rowand and Borchard could sure use it.

I'd prefer Crede to rest. First full season of MLB and he was playing well and made some very good adjustments the second half.

Borchard needs to rest and be healthy.

Olivo is a catcher, and outside of working with a hitting coach and facing some live pitching/BP, personally, I'd prefer he rest as well.

Rowand needs AB's, as he basically sat on the bench most of the second half in particular.

poorme
10-17-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Is/was he hurt?

soxrme
10-17-2003, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
I'd prefer Crede to rest. First full season of MLB and he was playing well and made some very good adjustments the second half.

Olivo is a catcher, and outside of working with a hitting coach and facing some live pitching/BP, personally, I'd prefer he rest as well.

Rowand needs AB's, as he basically sat on the bench most of the second half in particular.
My thought was that he started so slowly last year that he could use the extra ab's

Randar68
10-17-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by soxrme
My thought was that he started so slowly last year that he could use the extra ab's

He played all year and was on fire the second half.

Give him time off and have him report with the rest of the players to Spring Training. He could use some time to do some weight training on his own as well...

Randar68
10-17-2003, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by poorme
Is/was he hurt?

Fought a bruised foot and wrist tendanitis all season. Although the tendanitis was better the last couple months, it still requires rest.

poorme
10-17-2003, 11:22 AM
Well, let's hope that was the reason for his poor performance. Otherwise, he needs to make some major adjustments.

Randar68
10-17-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by poorme
Well, let's hope that was the reason for his poor performance. Otherwise, he needs to make some major adjustments.

It was enough of a reason for me to still consider him one of the top 5 prospects in this organization. Nobody in the media really covered the nagging injuries he faced all season.