PDA

View Full Version : *Official* "Articles That Make Fun of Cubs Fans" thread

MarqSox
10-17-2003, 10:47 AM
Here's one from the Oshkosh Northwestern (http://www.wisinfo.com/northwestern/sports/archive/sports_12788505.shtml)
The Cubs fans I saw during this surreal NLCS are not lovable. They are whacked-out zealots who would just as soon blame a poor kid for reaching for a foul ball (as all of them would have done, by the way) as the reason their beloved Cubbies arenít going to the World Series rather than the fact their team wasnít good enough.
Are all Cubs fans like the one who drenched this fellow in beer and threatened him? Are they all like the bleacher creatures who catch a home run ball from the opposition and, instead of throwing it back to the field as is the tradition, throw out another ball and keep the real souvenir? Surely not.

But there were enough of them to make a lot of people around America start rooting for the White Sox.
E-mail Chuck Carlson at ccarlson@thenorthwestern.com

kraut83
10-17-2003, 11:05 AM
I get the feeling a lot of these "credible journalists" were singing a different song about the "great cubbie fans" just a week ago. This just cements the cubs bandwagon stereotype even more.

alohafri
10-17-2003, 11:10 AM
I'm now glad that the scrubs made it to the post season. The media is FINALLY exposing the scrubs and their fans for what they are...UNlovable losers.

America's Team my a$$!

:)

(Mrs. Aloha)

MarqSox
10-17-2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by kraut83
I get the feeling a lot of these "credible journalists" were singing a different song about the "great cubbie fans" just a week ago. This just cements the cubs bandwagon stereotype even more.
Hey, we're getting what we wanted ó negative publicity for the flubs ó let's not complain about it.